The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 fender vibro king. I recently picked this up and working on a few issues with it. A reverb issue which is fixed now but I have no bass control or very little.

It's a super bright amp anyway but even the bass control on 10 it's still bright. There's very little difference with the bass control knob off or full on.

Is there a way to test the bass control pot?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you can get your voltmeter leads on the tabs of the pot, first check the outer two with the meter set to ohms and see if you get a reading. If you get no reading or overload then the pot is bad. If you do get a reading try one of the outer lugs and the middle lug and check the reading as you turn the pot...you should see the resistance go from 0 to whatever the value of the pot is...likely a 250k. Testing it in a circuit may give you different value readings as it is connected to other components but the values aren't important here, you just want to see that is shows a value of some sort and varies the resistance when turned. hope this helps. I have seen quite a few amps where the bass pot didn't seem to make much of a difference, try adjusting the treble pot and mid pot if you have one to different settings and then try the bass pot again to see if you hear more of a difference as some tone controls are reactive and will affect how the other tone controls sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts