The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have?

Roland Cube 30 Bass - I use the Trio through that one.
Gallien Krueger MBS III combo
MarkBass Little Mark 250 into a Marshall 4x10 bass cab.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Fender Rumble 100v3. Before that, it was some sort of GK, SWR and then Trace-Elliot combo.

A close friend was selling his old Ampeg SVT head with the 8x10 cab a few years ago. We went over for dinner one night and I "casually" went to the basement to check it out. On our way home, the wife shot me down before I'd even mentioned I was interested.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Hummmm....

let me think...

Acoustic 470 head with Peavey 1510cab
YBA2b combo version 1
YBA2b combo version 2
YBA2b combo version 2 modded
YVM1 Voice Master head modified
YBA1 bass master head
YBA3 Custom Special with 810
YBA3 Custom Special with 215
Dynacord Bass King
Dynacord Gigant
Univox U-1061 head and cab
Univox U-1561 head and 215
Garnet Rebel 2 bass combo
Garnet Mini Bass combo
Russel H100B Stencil (garnet) head
Raven 115 bass combo (garnet stencil)
Traynor TS25B
Block 80 Bass
Garnet BTO 400 head and BTO-L cab
Garnet Deputy 2 head
Leslie 925
Lifco 1000 bass head
Lifco 630 head

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
Mesa D-800
Fender SuperBassman
Peavey Mini-Mega
GK RB400-IV

The GK is my current crush, it is *my* sound. Cuts like a ... yeah that. Rawk.
The Mesa gets used a lot, is fatter and warmer than the GK. has an amazing DI. If I'm not using it, it travels with me as backup. I'm gassing for the D800+ with its extra features, but haven't wanted to pay up the diff yet.
The Peavey is a very real 1000 watts. Probably has the firmest full bottom end, but overall I don't love its tone and it's probably on its way out.
The Fender is amazing but I'm getting to be a wuss about dragging big iron around.

Cabs, I have a GK Neo 2x12, and the Subway 112 and 115 pair. The 115 is an INCREDIBLE great sounding cab, and 99% of the time I am using it alone. Bonus, it's a 1 hand carry at 35ish lbs.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
A little 20w Ampeg BA-108 with a 125w Eminence Alpha 8a PA replacement driver. Was in there when I got it for $100. Good enough for noodling around at home.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Currently:

Fender frontman 15b
Fender Rumble 150
Ampeg micro cl with matching 210 cab.

I use the ampeg a lot, but I'm ideally looking to move up to something louder and tube based from traynor, but space and ease of portability are concerns right now; otherwise I wouldn't own a micro stack.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts
I've had all manner of combos over the years, mostly small wattage ones, 200 watts or less. Yorkville, Traynor, Fender, Yamaha etc but the Yorkville 50w and 200w ones were my favourites. I always figured the bass needed double whatever the guitar player had so I generally preferred something big enough for stage monitor/backline use but with a mic or line out to the p.a.

At the moment I don't have a regular bass gig other than recording and teaching so I've deliberately scaled back to one Yorkville xm50 Bassmaster combo. It's a killer littler amp, balanced line out, simple 3 band EQ, and re-speakered with an Eminence Legend. Handles the range of the five strings easily.

L

·
0 Posts
90's Fender BXR300C (combo)
'08 Markbass Jeff Berlin combo. My knees love this 40lb 'er. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
I have an old Yamaha B50-115 that I love, but I'm lazy and usually gig with a Tech 21 DI because it's about 75 pounds lighter. The amp has actually been on loan to friend for quite a while now.

For rehearsals, I actually play through my little Yorkville AM-50 acoustic amp. (Our rehearsals aren't very loud.) It works great!

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Traynor TBM 10 on top of a Fender Rumble 40:

The TBM I bought cheap as a practice amp--and it exceeds that, but the Rumble is nicer--deeper sound, boomier if I want that, more headroom (10 watts vs 40 for one thing)--and also--lighter. The Rumble didn't cost me anything--it was a Reward/bonus from work.
And my first bass amp--a Garnet Stencil-

Reactions: sulphur

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I have two.

1978 Polytone Mini Brute IV
2007 Yorkville Bassmaster XM200 (1x15)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I mostly play the bass into headphones through one of several Boss multi-effects units.

I have a Bassman head I sometimes use with a not Fender 2x12 cab, which doubles as a surprisingly good bass amp at reasonable volumes.

I had an awesome Peavey Databass that I let it go to a real bassist. 450 watts from an amp the size of an end table through a Black Widow.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I only have a little Fender Frontman 25B.
I use it at home to practice and it is more than enough.
When I play with the band, I use a Peavey Dyna Bass and some Peayvey 2x10 + 1x15 cabs.

I'm planning on getting a Mesa D800 since I tried it!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
2007 Yorkville Bassmaster XM200 (1x15)
That's what I have in my jamroom. I take a line out and run it into my 3 way PA with an 18" sub, though - just to add a little heft to bottom end. Probably not necessary but I started doing this when the rockabilly guy brought his upright. That thing required a wider bandwidth than any electric I've ever experienced.

The amp is just fine in that environment, but I had the bassplayer bring his own rig for the outdoor gig we just did.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts