The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite COVID-19 Basone is opening a second store. Even better for me it's in Squamish. They are carrying their regular lines plus in the Squamish store Prestige guitars. Going to go check it out this afternoon but they said if I want to try a guitar I have to wear gloves. Don't know how that will work.

·
Registered
24,166 Posts
Will the one-finger G-chord be the new Smoke On the Water for music stores? Or maybe they should just get staff to tune every guitar to an open chord.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just wear the smallest pair of rubber gloves you can stretch over your hand? A 2nd skin type thing. May not be ideal, but better than NOT playing something you may want to buy?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't see any harmonicas. The wife of the owner was there. She was very nice and knew the gear they had there. They don't have it all priced yet. The had a red knob twin that was on consignment, a few new Prestige guitars (very nice) but most importantly they had a whole wall of strings for just about every stringed instrument you could think of. Basone in Vancouver also builds guitars so they had an impressive array of bridges, tuners, and other parts. They are a Blackstar dealer and had a couple of very nice Blackstar combos. They had a used Vox AC15 for $849 so not unreasonable prices. She said this week is a soft opening and that they will be bringing more inventory up from Vancouver for the official opening next week. I was very impressed. It is a small space but it is a small town. I hope they succeed. A couple of other stores have tried but none lasted more than a couple of years. Having the Vancouver store they can draw or rotate inventory from should help. I didn't try any guitars but she said I was welcome to as long as I used sanitizer first. I'd have to be pretty sure I was going to buy before I'd do that. How many people have tried it before me and how thoroughly did they sanitize? I may have to go back and try the Prestige doublecut with a single TV Jones through the twin. I bet it sounds awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts