The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I just got off the phone with Vic - he refuses to send pictures of the guitar.

It just might be the greatest guitar every made....according to him.

Is there a link to the other thread about the fake barlet?
I'll send it to Vic.

Nathan

Reactions: nnieman

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Well its definitely been traded to Vic. And he says he'll take the Bartlett name off the listing and call it something else???????
Our call got cutoff when I got into the details. Or did it?
Can't believe the seller got rid of it and for Vic to be putting it up for 7.2k, means trade value must have been at least 5k.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
All I know is that if I bought or traded for this?

Small claims court in Ontario has a $25,000 limit. Just sayin...

Reactions: Diablo

·
Premium Member
13,822 Posts
edit; 2manyguits beat me to it.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
who cares..

a billion of these things exist, the cheap ones and everyone gets their feelings hurt, ready to mobilize a mob. the fancy ones and everyone is in awe, tripping over the last guy to post their approval. they're all counterfeits and they are here to stay, wear a mask and learn to live with it

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OH !!!! I know that dude that's selling it. I used to (late 70's / early 80's) do guitar deals with him all the time. then he got into golf clubs, then into watches. Haven't seen him in a looooong time. He sold me what I consider to be the absolute best Strats I've ever had in my hands (64' original Fiesta red and original Oly white....$1500 each). One got stolen off stage in Ottawa and the other I sold....stupidly. But I digress...
But yes it's likely the same infamous "Bartlet" LP.
Oh man, it's Vic?! Me and my buddies used to buy and trade with him way back then too. I moved out west in 84 and lost touch.

Looks like I might have been right about this being the same guitar then. Just thought I'd better warn our forum members here, if that was the case. I don't even like the looks of the thing, going by banned David's Reverb auction and forum pics....:sleep:

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
The crazy thing is it doesn’t even seem kind it’s been played a lot.
I would kinda understand this thing being worth a couple grand if it was a fantastic sounding and playing lp style guitar... but I don’t think that’s the case.
The description is saying the opposite.

I have found that the untouched, mint condition vintage guitars... are usually dogs.
They are mint because no one played them.
Beat to hell guitars usually sound great.

Nathan

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
How the heck does a "homemade" les paul ever begin trading for thousands of dollars, let alone for more then genuine Gibson reissues?
IIRC the kit originally sold for well under $2K. Add $1K for top quality hardware & electronics. I’d have a hard time paying $4K for a paint job.....

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Looks to me like Vic and Dknez are two different folks...but that David (Dk) found an unknowing victim. Such a shame. His Reverb store was all quiet for a while but started to heat up with vintage/boutique (overpriced) pedals last week.

One funny note is how he tried to say that he's only been buying and selling for a year to pay off student debt...I checked his Reverb store history after he made that claim and he's been a rabbid seller and buyer on there since December 2017...this guy is just full of BS.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Looks to me like Vic and Dknez are two different folks...but that David (Dk) found an unknowing victim. Such a shame. His Reverb store was all quiet for a while but started to heat up with vintage/boutique (overpriced) pedals last week.

One funny note is how he tried to say that he's only been buying and selling for a year to pay off student debt...I checked his Reverb store history after he made that claim and he's been a rabbid seller and buyer on there since December 2017...this guy is just full of BS.
You're telling me I should be flipping guitars to pay off my student loans? What do I even go to work for?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts