1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Posted almost a full day ago and no pictutres? Seems suspect on it's own.

Leave contact number if serious. WTF?!?

·
Premium Member
5,278 Posts
I checked out his other listings. He has 33 other things including a couple of guitars. He sells watched and jewelry.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
How does he know it's very alive and resonant if it's never been played?
Whether if it is real or fake....where within the ad do you read that it hasn’t been played? The ad mentions that it “plays and sounds fantastic”.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
Whether if it is real or fake....where within the ad do you read that it hasn’t been played? The ad mentions that it “plays and sounds fantastic”.
straight out of the add:

"About 20yrs old. Near mint unplayed condition"

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Oh brother! Time for an English lesson ....Let’s study the exact quote that you took out of the ad .... and now let’s translate what it means -especially paying attention to the “capitalized” words from the quote. The seller is simply stating (in his personal opinion) that the CONDITION of his guitar LOOKS AS IF it has never been played. He is not stating anywhere that the guitar has never been played. He also mentions that it is “Near mint”....which means “not mint” which also means “very slightly used or played”. I hope that this clarifies things for you. We all must carefully read and understand entire ads before “pointing fingers”. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,413 Posts
I checked out his other listings. He has 33 other things including a couple of guitars. He sells watched and jewelry.
And oddly, every one of those other ads includes pics and a price... but not this one.

Reactions: BobChuck

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Oh brother! Time for an English lesson ....Let’s study the exact quote that you took out of the ad .... and now let’s translate what it means -especially paying attention to the “capitalized” words from the quote. The seller is simply stating (in his personal opinion) that the CONDITION of his guitar LOOKS AS IF it has never been played. He is not stating anywhere that the guitar has never been played. He also mentions that it is “Near mint”....which means “not mint” which also means “very slightly used or played”. I hope that this clarifies things for you. We all must carefully read and understand entire ads before “pointing fingers”. Cheers.
whoa, intense explanation over a pretty vague description on a pretty vague and questionable listing. Describing a guitar as near mint unplayed condition is a contradicting statement anyway. Near mint, barely played condition would work or Mint and Unplayed condition could be a valid description.

You def. managed to put the dic in dictation with your lesson though so congrats.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
stay calm buddy! I said it in jest. I don't need or want your English lesson. Are you the seller?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
All calm...all good ...actually going sleep...no, I’m not the seller...just noticed your comment and wanted to step in and help clarify. Take care and goodnight.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
OH !!!! I know that dude that's selling it. I used to (late 70's / early 80's) do guitar deals with him all the time. then he got into golf clubs, then into watches. Haven't seen him in a looooong time. He sold me what I consider to be the absolute best Strats I've ever had in my hands (64' original Fiesta red and original Oly white....$1500 each). One got stolen off stage in Ottawa and the other I sold....stupidly. But I digress...
But yes it's likely the same infamous "Bartlet" LP.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
OH !!!! I know that dude that's selling it. I used to (late 70's / early 80's) do guitar deals with him all the time. then he got into golf clubs, then into watches. Haven't seen him in a looooong time. He sold me what I consider to be the absolute best Strats I've ever had in my hands (64' original Fiesta red and original Oly white....$1500 each). One got stolen off stage in Ottawa and the other I sold....stupidly. But I digress...
But yes it's likely the same infamous "Bartlet" LP.
I think I may know the fellow as well. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure. If that is the same guitar and he's selling it for 7.2k, then he's been had. But the fact that no one can get pics without a phone number is super suspect. I truly hope this isnt the guitar, but the chances are slim.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,413 Posts
Unfortunately because of the 1 incident, I wouldn’t touch anything claiming to be a Bartlett without him personally verifying it.
this one guitar gets around more than covid.

Reactions: BobChuck and greco

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I just got off the phone with Vic - he refuses to send pictures of the guitar.

It just might be the greatest guitar every made....according to him.

Is there a link to the other thread about the fake barlet?
I'll send it to Vic.

Nathan

1 - 20 of 49 Posts