The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to source Bare Knuckle in Canada? The whole idea of ordering from the UK makes me ill.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Easy! Steve's music is a dealer. They're still $400 a set, plus tx. I had a set of Mule humbuckers that I picked up here on the forum, they were really nice and only about 250$.

Reverb usually has a few sets in Canada as well.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Might I suggest a canadian or american business first?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Easy! Steve's music is a dealer. They're still $400 a set, plus tx. I had a set of Mule humbuckers that I picked up here on the forum, they were really nice and only about 250$.

Reverb usually has a few sets in Canada as well.
I have emailed Steve's here in Ottawa a couple of times when I can't get an answer via phone. No one ever responded, so I'll just order direct from the UQ. I also don't find it as friendly as L&M or condusive to making spending decisions.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Might I suggest a canadian or american business first?
...another +1 on this.
I've tried a couple of BKs (Mississippi Queen and Brown Sugar) -- ok but (IMHO) not worth the $$ spent, plus the hassle of sending back to the UK if any issues. In the end I replaced them with products from 'domestic' small-time makers.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I have recently gotten some of the tone emporium PAF pickups for some guitars I am building. I am extremely happy with the sound for the price, but don't expect them to be bare knuckles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts