The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss finding information on my guitar I can only find reference to the Barcley custom R-340 never my R-360. Anyone able to shed some light who is knowledgeable with this specific brand.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Not sure if you will have much luck. Some guitars came out of the woodwork literally, and went back just as quick lol.. I have one, but did not find much info on them besides possibly a sears catalog guitar which I doubt. The thing sounds amazing, and has no cracks, warps, and is straight so I think it is some what good quality. Good luck in your search

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if you will have much luck. Some guitars came out of the woodwork literally, and went back just as quick lol.. I have one, but did not find much info on them besides possibly a sears catalog guitar which I doubt. The thing sounds amazing, and has no cracks, warps, and is straight so I think it is some what good quality. Good luck in your search
Thanks I was told that recently as well but all I can find sold by sear was their own brand Silvertone I think but could be wrong. Yes my guitar is in great condition as far as I know but it needs new strings and tuning, personally I do not play but would like to learn using this guitar. As to how it sounds I’m unsure until I have new strings and whatever adjustments are needed. I plan to take it into the folklore music company in the city soon to be looked at as well as shown how to properly maintain it. If I find out more information I will post it. Thanks for sharing your guitar.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Probably made in Japan, most people who have them seem to have bought them at Sears between 68 and 72, but Sears didn't exist back then. It would have probably been Simpsons or Simpsons-Sears.

Can you post some pictures?

Barcley Guitar (Guitarsite)

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I picked up one of these the other day, based off of this thread and curiosity. I can tell you when I looked at the guitar I decided I would not buy it, but when I played the guitar I was really pleasantly surprised. I could not make it sound bad, buzz or anything negative. I paid what it was worth to me, to own. Looks to be a laminate top. Amazing projection and delineation between notes. Cool emblem badge, not a sticker on headstock. Wormholes on bracing wood, I think they were there when it was built, and on a Vtype brace, there is a piece of glued-on cotton material[] or fine burlap where the "V" meets. not a single stamp, number or marking inside the guitar, and the glue work is neat.

Anyone with any info on these or experience playing them, would love to hear from you!

20190913_124604.jpg 20190913_124533.jpg 20190913_124437.jpg 20190913_124504.jpg

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Just wondering if anyone saw my post or am I better starting a new one? :) All good, but hoping to utilize the collective for info!

·
Premium Member
17,608 Posts
I wouldn't start a new thread. Consider this a bump to give it a bit more visibility.

Are you still enjoying the guitar and not finding anything about it that concern you (i.e., structurally, playability, etc.).

Is it a smaller sized body (i.e., not a dreadnought)? Many find that size nice to play...me included.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I wouldn't start a new thread. Consider this a bump to give it a bit more visibility.

Are you still enjoying the guitar and not finding anything about it that concern you (i.e., structurally, playability, etc.).

Is it a smaller sized body (i.e., not a dreadnought)? Many find that size nice to play...me included.
Played it again today, everything about it is just better than is should be! It makes beautiful noise, balanced, crisp w2hen you choose and rings on when you let it. It is not a full dreadnought size, more the same size as a full size classical, or perhaps an auditorium but this guitar has the square shoulders like a hummingbird.

·
Premium Member
17,608 Posts
Played it again today, everything about it is just better than is should be! It makes beautiful noise, balanced, crisp w2hen you choose and rings on when you let it. It is not a full dreadnought size, more the same size as a full size classical, or perhaps an auditorium but this guitar has the square shoulders like a hummingbird.
I had an old 70's Yamaha like that. It was small bodied and needed a neck reset. However, it always sounded great, especially given that I paid $40.00 for it...LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts