The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some buzz about this site a few years ago, they bought Cakewalk and moved it onto an online platform. Basically, the site allows you to create a 'band' and then you can all log in and add the individual tracks to your project as wav files. This in itself is a really awesome feature if you've ever tried to share wav files back and forth with bandmates. I was able to record and edit my track in Garageband and then upload it to our project in Bandlab as a wav file.

In my case, I've been able to reach out to an old bandmate that moved across the country and work on some music together. The cool thing is that they've made the user experience very easy for novices so you can use it to collaborate with musicians in your network that maybe you play with but aren't or haven't yet gotten into recording.

Just wanted to post here as an fyi, I have no connection to the site otherwise - feel free to connect with me if you check it out / my username is marcusplaysguitar

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I use it and it works great. Like Cakewalk, it can take a little playing around to learn it but it's worth it IMO. If you get it running, PM me and I'll send you a few songs you can load up and play to help you get going.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I've been using this online version of Bandlab to collaborate with my son in Kanata. He's a very good guitar player and I need him to add lead guitar to my songs. I upload my jam track mp3's which are mostly bass & drums and organ if I need it. I couldn't record vocal tracks or add a guitar track from my UMC204HD audio interface so I sent in an inquiry to Bandlab. I had no problem recording to Cakewalk by BandLab but could not record from my UMC204HD to the Collaborator version of Bandlab. After a few emails back and forth, they asked me to see if there was a driver update and there was. I was able to get it from the Behringer website and it worked perfectly.
Another issue I have is adding guitar to some tune's I play acoustic guitar on like 12 string guitar on Wish You Were Here. When I add the guitar part there is a delay when playing it back and I have to move the track a little until they sync up. A real pain. I've sent another inquiry to Bandlab to get their opinion but if anyone here has resolved that issue, let me know.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Bandlab are also part owners of Rolling Stone Magazine, Heritage Guitar, and the new Harmony Guitar Co, located in Kalamazoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts