The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread on another forum about band names and finding out that there is already another one with that name. Has this happen to anyone here?

Our band was named the Warlocks in the 60s. Then we found out there was another one with the same name in California. So we dropped the 'k'. Warlocs. I read last year that the California group changed its name a year later - to the 'Grateful Dead'

·
Registered
874 Posts
Great story!! We have been struggling to find a name for our cover band (I think the Old Farts Quartet is taken) and for now we call oursevles "Yes, Dear" (if you are married ...you know why)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
One band I was in we were doing the name the band thing and one of the guys suggest Mad Cow & the West Nile Rythmn Section, thought it kind of funny at the time, ....:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Band name

How about going with a symbol ......ala the artist formerly know as......

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Rusty Zippers

The Rust Zippers is the name of an 0ld timers group from the Langley I play with sometimes.:tongue:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just started to play guitar here, i have found a band. Theres a couple names we are thinking, but nothing definate yet.
1-cityslackers
2-nolem frountier
I actually haven't looked if anyone has those names, do u have a web site to look?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts