The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to replace the speakers in the two 1x15 cabs I have. However, since I also have two good 12" Celestions sitting here, it may make sense to just buy baffle converters rather than shelling out for new speakers.

The problem is, I cannot find any baffle converters here in Canada and by the time I ship from the USA the cost starts to escalate. Does anyone sell/make converters here in Canada?

I know they would be a fairly easy DIY project but I simply don't have the space or time to take it on.

TG

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Got a jigsaw? If so, they'd be really easy to make out of plywood...

If not, Derrick Bell has made baffles for me in the past. I'm sure he could make you adapters instead.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Yes, I am looking for a baffle converter as pictured by Greco above. Mojo wants almost $70 USA just to ship two converters! So, it is almost $140 USD plus a potential boarder hit.

If I had the space or time to make these I would in a heartbeat, but I do not have either alas. Surely some fine Canadian can give me a better deal that makes more sense than buying two new 15" speakers.

L

·
0 Posts
I'm sure that any local wood working shop or lumber yard could cut you something
like that out of whatever wood you choose for a lot less than $140 US.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
20FB58FB-980A-49ED-8E0C-9846FE2A0157.jpeg Well,@traynor_garnet , I don’t know how you went with that......but for $130 CAD you can have this set..... DIY.
Edit: oops! See Dave’s post below.

(That’s how they get you isn’t it? I thought I was on a (.ca) site....)

·
Administrator
16,706 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts