The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a Lifco 630 amp of the forums here awile ago and it arrived damaged. The speaker came of the mounts and tore the output transformer off. Luckily it was still ok. I have another amp just like it and I soldered the wires to the transformer and it seems fine, although the transformer will need a more solid mounting. Also the back panel had asbestos paper so I am going to make a new one.

Today the as I was playing the volume dropped, luckily it was just the 5y3gt rectifier tube. I put in an old RCA I had kicking around and fixed the problem.

This amp sounds super sweet, really warm and smooth, overdriven or clean, all on its own. It has a 15" Jensen Concert RSC speaker. The power section is two El 84's with four 6av6 preamp tubes. The tremolo is weak at the moment, a tube switch didnt help it out. The regal badge is off my other Lifco 630 , I hammered it in this morning to finish the look. Heres some pics.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Circuit component Automotive design Electricity
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic instrument
Audio equipment Gas Output device Composite material Electronic instrument
Audio equipment Gas Computer hardware Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya its a nice amp. Is it based on an old Vox amp? I saw a video of the PTW amps cab maker guy who said it might be.
Thanks Latole for the schematic and tremolo fix. The tremolos not working at all in my other Regal Lifco 630.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory String instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
27,235 Posts
Thanks for that as well. Funny, I have the schematic for that Tremolux, and a bunch of other older Fender amps, and simply never noticed that form of tremolo before, fixating only on optical and power-tube bias types. You learn something new every day!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks for that as well. Funny, I have the schematic for that Tremolux, and a bunch of other older Fender amps, and simply never noticed that form of tremolo before, fixating only on optical and power-tube bias types. You learn something new every day!
You are right, it is a good forum to learn something new every day!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts