The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ever deal with ayr guitars in ont . Is he trust worthy . The owner messaged me on Facebook about parts and stuff for the thinline . He claimed he can get the parts cheaper than long and mcquaid .also said he was able to get a custom pickguard made . So you is he real or a fraud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure . It sounds good but . I rather get a second opinion before I pull the trigger

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Any one ever deal with ayr guitars in ont . Is he trust worthy . The owner messaged me on Facebook about parts and stuff for the thinline . He claimed he can get the parts cheaper than long and mcquaid .also said he was able to get a custom pickguard made . So you is he real or a fraud

If you search his posts here, you can form your own opinion, but he sure seems straight up from what I can see.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
I am going to put in a good word for Andrew at Ayr Guitars

I had a custom woodworking project and contacted him. His communications were timely and detailed. In addition, he has offered to assist me with some guitar repairs/mods I have mentioned and invited me to come to see his woodworking shop and make use of some of his specialized tools. Ayr is about 20 minutes drive from where I live.

I think his posts on this forum are extremely courteous, very informative, realistic and well written.

A "store" here in Kitchener (Bob's Guitars) has some of his guitars for sale and I have been very impressed with what I have seen.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Ayr Guitars.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts

Andrew lives right behind me, he is real, I have seen him ;)

Good guy and maker of some fine guitars.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to put in a good word for Andrew at Ayr Guitars

I had a custom woodworking project and contacted him. His communications were timely and detailed. In addition, he has offered to assist me with some guitar repairs/mods I have mentioned and invited me to come to see his woodworking shop and make use of some of his specialized tools. Ayr is about 20 minutes drive from where I live.

I think his posts on this forum are extremely courteous, very informative, realistic and well written.

A "store" here in Kitchener (Bob's Guitars) has some of his guitars for sale and I have been very impressed with what I have seen.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Ayr Guitars.
Cool cool . I think I heard enough then . I still need to decide if I’m going macascar ebony or cocobolo pickguard

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I noodled on a hardtail strat that he made that's for sale in Kitchener @ Bob's. It felt great and the workmanship seemed top notch!

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I sure hope this Andrew guy is on the level, I sent him money a few weeks ago but I'll I've gotten are updates and pictures of him building me exactly what I wanted. If he holds up his end of things and sends it to me when he's done, and I feel like he will, I'll be happy.
Would be awful cruel to show you all the progress and then rip your dreams to pieces by not giving it to you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts