The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I just joined so hello to everyone.

I'm looking at buying a B210 Neo bass cabinet from Steamco. Anybody have this cabinet? If so, how do you like it?

Has anybody purchased equipment from Steamco? I'm wondering if they have a good rep. They seem to be the only store in Canada selling the B210 Neo right now.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I dont have any experience with that cabinet, but I have had great success in dealing with Steamco. I bought an Avatar 2x12 guitar cabinet from them and was very pleased with the whole transaction.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

While I don't have any personal experience with the Avatar cabinets, they do get rave ratings on another forum I frequent. It rates up there in the best bang for the buck cabs out there.

Steamco gets a +1 in my books simply from there supplying a cabinet to this site for a giveaway :rockon:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input everyone.

I've heard good things about the B210 Neo on the TalkBass forum but Steamco is new to me. I exchanged a couple of emails with a fellow named Kevin at Steamco. He was quick to respond and very helpful in answering my questions.

Enough said, I think I'll take the plunge this afternoon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the cabinet. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Welcome. I've heard great things about the 2x10. I have a 2x12 neo and it's a fantastic cab.

I dealt with Brent at Steamco and they really are a great company to deal with.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have one - it's a fantastic cab and the people at Steamco are great... I got my order in the day they were ordering from Avatar and got the cab pretty soon after. I love that it's light enough that I can pick it up. I've love a 212 to go with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My B210 Neo cabinet arrived yesterday from Steamco. Only a 4 (business) day turn around from the time I ordered it. I think that's pretty good.

So far I'm very happy. It's definitely adding more punch to my sound and I like that I can easily dial in/out the horn. I used to have to mess alot with the eq on my amp to get a sound I liked. Now I'm running it flat and the sound is better than anything I had before.

The real test will come at my next band practice.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hi there..oct 13 2006 I bought and picked up an avatar 2x10 neo and an 2x12 neo from the factory in Idaho..I live close by in BC.

My aging aching back and good reviews/reasonable price were the deciding factors for this purchase. I f*****d up...After 30+ years of playing, I should have known better..

the 2x10 loaded with Eminence Neo's has a pretty wimpy sound. NOT lowalicious. Really nothing pleasant about it for a BASS player.

coupled with the 2x12 Eminence Neos which is a sweet sounding cab, but not mid or high alicious, the combo is pretty good.

The tweeters are obnoxious as hell.

I BLEW both these cabs at the first live session with them each.
I've been doing this for a very long time, and blew them with a clean ART ProChannel Preamp and a Crown XLS 602D amp. I haven't actually blown a speaker for about 20 years. I was devastated.

I blew the 2x12 at an outside gig competing with 2 loud guitar players, and blew the 2x10 at a practice.

These 2 cabs loaded with NEO's are really not for a professional player who has to be professional under all circumstances. They can't handle serious power that a bass player needs to do their job properly...you want to run with low power, quietly, no problem. You want to run with the big dogs, you need to look elsewhere.

Being as blown away as I was by my mistake and after much research....I bought a 'boutique' unit...a Schroeder 4x10 light...Holy crap.This is by far the best sounding/projecting/power handling speaker I've had in a long time. The $1200 dollars for a 'poor' musician was the best spent in a long time...

The same old hard learned deal...A professional needs professional tools to cover all situations, and they come at a price..These particular Avatar cabs are for the small dogs and should not be mistaken for gear that has to get loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts