The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't even know they existed. Didn't know the guitar I picked up at the show in Ottawa had them. Anyone else ever used them? Had to tune my low E to G (just for a second) as I wasn't smart enough to leave enough slack to let the post turn far enough to do its thing. It's on this guitar.

IMG_3709.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,073 Posts
Yeah...trying to remember specifically where, likely a customer's guitar. Haven't seen them since. Are they a thing now?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Never heard of them. I think I would prefer to cut them myself.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a set of Planet Waves tuners on my Godin SD that do this. I find it quite convenient, and the string changes are blindingly fast.
The only drawback is that I sometimes remove newly installed strings to do something to the guitar. With standard tuners and I can save the strings. Can't do that with these.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I have a set of Planet Waves tuners on my Godin SD that do this. I find it quite convenient, and the string changes are blindingly fast.
But, but, but Merlin, I don't want to go blind.:)GF^%@

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Just checked to see what mine was. SA260FM. It was pretty nice guitar and I thought the pickups sounded damn good for the price point of that guitar. Got it on a trade to even things out then sold it.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Same, it's not really a time saver but the strings get cut INSIDE the peg. No sharp bits sticking out of the post at all.

Well, that is a plus.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Vintage tuners where you cut the string and insert it into the shaft of the tuner.
Sulphur, I must be missing something. Aren't they all like that?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts