The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the truss rod cover off my 335 to adjust the neck, and I have lost the 2 small screws that hold the cover onto the headstock. I called L & M and they say they may have them, but they will be Allparts screws, not authentic Gibson screws.

Does anyone have a source for OEM Gibson screws?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Unless you can see the gibson trademark on the screw any truss rod cover screw should suffice, no? AFAIK Gibson do not make special screws. There are head types and thread sizes and types and that's it. What year is your guitar? You may want to get something period correct but it won't be a gibson screw.

Cheers Peter.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
mojoaxe.com

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I took the truss rod cover off my 335 to adjust the neck, and I have lost the 2 small screws that hold the cover onto the headstock. I called L & M and they say they may have them, but they will be Allparts screws, not authentic Gibson screws.

Does anyone have a source for OEM Gibson screws?

Thanks
My well used LPJ came without those screws. The hardware stores will not have them. They are similar to the screws holding the tuners on the headstock, and I ended up using 2 of those but with the tips ground off to shorten them. If you buy a replacement Gibson TR cover that comes with 2 new screws, but I didn’t want to drop $20 on a new TR just to get 2 tiny screws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts