The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone happen to catch The Polyphonic Spree on ACL this weekend? Very large group (about 20 members I think) with a rather unique sound. I heard everything from gospel to rock to classical influences in their music. I try to catch ACL every week as I have always been impressed with the diverse talent they showcase. Hopefuly they are on the tube for another 30 years.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
When is it on and what channel? I love the show, but it's usually a total fluke when I find it on TV. I have no idea when it's one. I remember Rollin's Band on there a few years ago. It was one of my favs.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PBS east HD channel on Starchoice has it on every Saturday night @ 9 and a repeat Sunday evening @ 6 (if I remember right).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love ACL!
First time I saw Todd Snider was on it; searched and bought his CDs afterwards. Caught a show at Ted's Wrecking Yard (Toronto) a few years back and it was great (and funny)!
Anyway a great show for well know artist and many that I haven't seen before.
For me it is on Friday Night at Midnight (PBS-WNED), other places have it Saturday nights. I guess it depends on what PBS station you have.
Kathleen Edwards rocked the place...Collin Cripps was the highlight.

Ok thats enough of this rant :rolleyes:

I will keep an eye out for The Polyphonic Spree when they rotate around again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts