The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Auralex foam up today in my music room which took me about 5 hours but fairly easy process to stick onto drywall.

A cool feature that Auralex offers is that you can provide a drawing of your room with pics and they will provide you with an autocad type drawing that indicates where to install the foam. The service is free and no requirement to purchase the product.

A noticeable difference in the sound quality.

IMG_8686.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
CAREFUL!

Read this book before buying anything. At least peruse the contents so you understand how complex is the field of acoustics and psychoacoustics.

http://www.roletech.net/books/HandbookAcoustics.pdf

Nothing wrong with the excellent Aurelex products, but easy blanket solutions are not necessarily the way to go. Figure out what you REALLY need, design your solution from the many options, save money with a better result.

A bundle of fibreglass insulation in the corner and a couple of curtains on walls will change the sound dramatically, but not necessarily solve the problems.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Alex, that looks really good. It doesn't look obtrusive at all but blend very nicely with the room.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Didn't know where to put this so I searched sound proofing and this 2 year old thread popped up. I thought it was a pretty good deal for anyone soundproofing a music studio.

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't know where to put this so I searched sound proofing and this 2 year old thread popped up. I thought it was a pretty good deal for anyone soundproofing a music studio.

I can't comment on the quality but at first glance, 50 panels and free shipping seems ridiculously low. Maybe the panels were made in Chernobyl.......

Still have my set up. It's outlasted some of my gear. I noticed a difference when I first installed the foam.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I can't comment on the quality but at first glance, 50 panels and free shipping seems ridiculously low. Maybe the panels were made in Chernobyl.......

Still have my set up. It's outlasted some of my gear. I noticed a difference when I first installed the foam.

View attachment 325544
That's what I thought. I wonder if the 1" thickness may be one reason the price is low. If I was doing some soundproofing, I would definitely look into these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts