The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe, next weekend.

Man it is hard finding a keys player. We weren't really looking as we are doing fine guitar/bass/drums, but my guitarist put an ad up on Overhear for shits'n'giggles and we got a bite.

If this keys/rhythm player is any good and interested, it should open up some more song choices for us, and at very least, fill out the sound on existing tunes. :rockon2:

Of course, now we'd have to split our meagre earnings 5 ways. :mad:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Seems like there's 50 guitarists out there for every keys player. I mean, theres lots people who can play the piano, but it's hard to find a versitile player willing to gig who can do rock covers accurately (with the right sounds) and also just jam convincingly over blues and whatnot.

I've been kind of wanting to add keyboards to my band for years now, but I'm also having a hard time convincing the other guys in the band that it's worth the effort. They have a point, bringing in a keys player would mean choosing, learning and rehearsing a BUNCH of new songs, re-doing our website, posters, etc, and then at the end of it all, probably getting LESS money per man on most gigs. That's IF we could actually find a good player who is reliable and we get along with, etc...

But in musical terms, it could be great!

Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My hope is that the guy is good (and wants to do it) so we can have as few practices as neccesary. Have him learn our keys-specific songs with us, then just fill things out at gigs while we add songs here and there.

I guess I'll know more in a week or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts