The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does your rear panel look like this?? Mine is missing so I'm looking at making one. Merci.

This is actually a YBA-1, I searched the web today and couldn't find a rear shot of a YBA 2A, even tried completed ebay auctions. Are these amps that scarce??

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey Brian, thought I could help out, I have no idea how many of these there are around, I really havn't seen more than like 3 of em in my travels.

here's a back shot, I think its all stock, here a front shot for $hitt$ and giggles, like 10years ago I put the piping on it , not sure why, but I like the look, great amp, I would like a "curve" type mod where I could adjust the lower/middle mids to make the amp slightly more versatile, but its a nice tone maker for sure.

here's the pics;

·
Registered
401 Posts
p.s. my brother Ed (edwardamp.com) put the standy swith in where the circuit breaker was, nice mod (its set to do a slow up/down of power), but as of late I've heard that a stanby is really not necessary, @ The very least its more enviro friendly to reduce power usage between sets....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Brian, mine looks just like yours in the pics:food-smiley-004:

great amps! anybody futz with any mods that actually are "good" on these ?

I really only miss more variability in the tone control, but if it takes away from the "ASS KICKING" this thing puts out, than I will just leave it as it was intended.

I don'tknow about yours' guys: but mine is unbelievable loud for el84's, its actually shockingly loud.....just curious if yours are loud amps as well..

take care

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loud? Hell yah. Mods, I can't see any reason to touch it, leavin mine as it is, I like having only Bass and Treble. So far I've only been able to run it through the 10" JBL in my Super Champ, I'd love to have a 410 cab with 4 K110's. I'm looking for something lighter so I'm on the lookout for a 112 cab.

·
Registered
401 Posts
very cool....I'll just leave well enough alone.

I highly recommend the swanson oversized 1x12 cab (his hylight style)

they are more money, but its the best cab I've heard so far, easily as big as some 2x12's, it has a great dispersion that it gives, focused enough , but reallly fills the room, any type of speaker would work in it, expesive new, but worth it, sometimes they come up used.

http://www.swansoncabinets.com/index.html

regrettably I have to sell this amp, but I will be getting that cab again !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts