The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the store near me yesterday at 9:00, with the intent to buy a Gibson SG at a great price. 3 guys in front of me at the door. And yeah, one of them was after that guitar too.

So I thought I'd look at, and ended up buying, a 2017 PRS SE Custom 24. It was a decent deal at $699 (new ones retail about $1100), and it actually was just like new. I had to take the clear plastic off of the control cavity cover.

I've never owned a PRS before, heck I've only played one once. But it was pretty (whale blue), and reasonably priced, so I thought I'd give it a try. Came with a killer good gig bag.

What did you guys score?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I went to pick up a Les Paul bass that would have been a great deal. But, it had more damage than I would have liked so I didn’t get it. There was also a cheap silverburst custom at another location. I was told the second person in line bought that.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Nice PRS you scored, @dwagar ; love the blue colour!

I got to the main L&M Calgary location about a 1/2 hour prior to opening, and the lineup was already snaking through the parking lot and on to the 58 Ave. sidewalk. (Check it out)
Jeans Cloud Sky Wheel Car

I had hoped to snag a Martin OM-28 that was on for a smokin’ good price, but found out that the first guy in line had gotten to the store at 3:30AM (!!!…) specifically to grab that guitar. (Some things just aren’t meant to be, I suppose…) Like @Chito I did a couple of laps of the store, but left empty handed. (which totally astounded my wife, BTW,) 🤔

·
Registered
1988 Ovation Elite 1758, 2009 Gibson Flying V Faded Cherry, Edwards Esquire, Marshall DSL 40 CR
697 Posts

I got to the main L&M Calgary location about a 1/2 hour prior to opening, and the lineup was already snaking through the parking lot and on to the 58 Ave. sidewalk. (Check it out)
View attachment 438532
I had hoped to snag a Martin OM-28 that was on for a smokin’ good price, but found out that the first guy in line had gotten to the store at 3:30AM (!!!…) specifically to grab that guitar. (Some things just aren’t meant to be, I suppose…) Like @Chito I did a couple of laps of the store, but left empty handed. (which totally astounded my wife, BTW,) 🤔
What was the price of the Martin

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument

I picked this little baby up today. Not the best deal I ever got, but I’ve been itching for an electric twelve string and it scratched that itch. Also grabbed a 20 dollar planet waves tuner.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
2020 LP Special P90 for $1500
Boss Waza Air Headphones- $360
Both like new, but used.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory

Output device Gadget Audio equipment Peripheral Font

Otherwise, the best deals I had seen were a Vox AC15 for $599, a few no-box Boss pedals for $29 each, LTD EC 1000 for $400(actually, someone told me they bought it, i didnt see it) and just random pedals that were good but beat up for 60-70% off.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
This Hofner, it had been in a small florida store for years ... was sure it was just a decorative piece, owner said the action was sky high, it was ... neck was warped beyond belief, electronics finished and it was basically the model that Mcartney did not play, one year too late with really terrifyingly bad binding ...

One afternoon he said he'd let it go for 3 bills, I took him up on it, brought it to 'Broken Headstock' in Montreal. They completely restored it, terrific job, it's a banger of a player, honks and cranks, a most cool bass !

·
Registered
40 Posts

View attachment 438532
Hmmmmm, wonder if that's the same OM-28 I bought at a Attic sale (last year?) from the same store. Once I got it home I noticed a tough-to-see but significant crack in the top. I returned it (God bless their 30 return policy). Maybe you didn't really miss out :)

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Went to a couple throughout the weekend but left empty-handed. Sadly, the only items I wanted were at Calgary stores. Was thinking of hounding some friends to drop by to see if they were still there but I didn't want to bother anyone haha.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts