·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

What do you think of Humanity - Hour I album of SCORPIONS

1- As a guitarist

2- As a fan. if you are a fan! comparing to the earlier albums of scorpions

I am just curious, I love this band. And I wanna hear you " Guitarists" talking about them. Well if you're intrested !

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard the album, but I love the Scorpions and Mattias Jabs is one of my favorite all time guitar players.
Well, you may check this website the titles of the album are there and there is free Humanity video clip. www.the-scorpions.com

I think the album has been released to america 2 days ago, I dont know about here in canada.

In my opinion all the new songs are good.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I gave the clips a quick listen, it didn't really do it for me, but you never know, it might grow on me. It sounds a little too modern and somehow overly melodic. Until I heard the vocals on some of the tunes I wouldn't have guessed it was the Scorpions.

I didn't like their last few albums that much either, so I guess that makes me more of an old Scorpions fan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave the clips a quick listen, it didn't really do it for me, but you never know, it might grow on me. It sounds a little too modern and somehow overly melodic. Until I heard the vocals on some of the tunes I wouldn't have guessed it was the Scorpions.

I didn't like their last few albums that much either, so I guess that makes me more of an old Scorpions fan.
Yeah ! you're right. However, they do a good job in this album.

I've listened to the album so many times and I really like it despite not reaching the quality of the earlier albums.

But for me, as a 20 years old's fan of scorpions, I like the " little too medern sound" of the album. And thats what the scorpions wanted to reach !. A little more modern mixed with the oreginal style ! :rockon:

Thanks for your reply to the thread !

Regards.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I guess that makes me more of an old Scorpions fan.
I think I may be in the same boat. I'm a Scorps fan from way back but haven't given much of the new stuff a listen. It was a treat for me to met Rudolph Schenker a few weeks ago as I always thought him and Jabs are a great guitar duo. I'll have to give it a try when it comes out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts