The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the Ariel Posen gig tomorrow? I love his first album and I'm looking forward to seeing him!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Who? Fill us in. The Dakota is one of my favourite venues. Great for getting up close, and great for sound (a lesson in that it CAN be done without making your ears ring). It's unfortunate that getting a seat is no help. People stand in front of you anyways.

Rant over ;)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who? Fill us in. The Dakota is one of my favourite venues. Great for getting up close, and great for sound (a lesson in that it CAN be done without making your ears ring). It's unfortunate that getting a seat is no help. People stand in front of you anyways.

Rant over ;)
I love that venue as well! Been there for a couple of shows. I just buy a seat and then stand up if needed. Anyway, here's Ariel Posen - singer songwriter, super tasty slide player and fellow lover of harmonic tremolo-ed and fuzz-ed up soundscapes. Also, lovely vocal harmonies -

This is the title track of his album. I guess it can be discribed as americana.. though I'm not too great with classifications.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
He used to play with The Bros. Landreth! You can hear the influence. And see the same closed end slide.

I got to see Joey Landreth at the Dakota, at a song writers' circle (4 Chords & the Truth). He ad libbed (sp?) slide on a couple of songs, and... wow, I wish I could do that!!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He used to play with The Bros. Landreth! You can hear the influence. And see the same closed end slide.

I got to see Joey Landreth at the Dakota, at a song writers' circle (4 Chords & the Truth). He ad libbed (sp?) slide on a couple of songs, and... wow, I wish I could do that!!
Yes he still does! I've seen Joey live at the Dakota as well! Wanna see if you can grab tickets for tomorrow for Ariel?

Also, sorry I don't quite understand what you meant by "ad libbed (sp?)".. could you tell me?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I love that venue as well! Been there for a couple of shows. I just buy a seat and then stand up if needed. Anyway, here's Ariel Posen - singer songwriter, super tasty slide player and fellow lover of harmonic tremolo-ed and fuzz-ed up soundscapes. Also, lovely vocal harmonies -

This is the title track of his album. I guess it can be discribed as americana.. though I'm not too great with classifications.
That is the Landreth Bros. -1 + 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts