The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some time here I get the distinct impression that most members are majority electric guitar players. Seems that not so many are, like me, majority acoustic players. Not that I am “anti electric” (I do own a Strat but rarely play it) but I much prefer the acoustic.

So, speak up and be counted if you are mainly acoustic.
(all in good fun, so don’t get offended, anyone ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Mostly acoustic.

I like electric guitars, I own a few. But 80% of this time, if I’m going to sit down and play it’s acoustic.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
11,662 Posts
Mostly acoustic, especially now that I don't have an electric band. No bias, it's just the way I've evolved.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
I’d say it’s a pretty even split between the two, perhaps leaning a touch toward acoustic lately.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
100% acoustic... though a few bear electronics... I don't plug.
For the quiet side we'd say... :)

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Probably 75/25 on the electric side. There's more work and gigs for my electric band, plus band practice, etc. But I jam a lot with friends on acoustic (I do with electric as well, different situations/venues of course).

At home, I'll pick up either, depending on what I want to do. And sometimes I plug the electric in and turn on a pedal board, sometimes I don't. It's all pretty fluid.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Much like Moot, when the electric band dissolved I hooked up with a friend doing acoustic stuff and now it's primarily that. I miss the band tho.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I used to be mostly electric but in the last couple of years sliding more and more back to my acoustic roots. Now, I am about 90% acoustic and only have one electric guitar, a tele.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mostly acoustic now, for most of the year at least.

I play electric a lot more in the months leading up to an annual reunion jam I do with some very old friends every Easter weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Mostly electric, although I should say I play semi-hollow body guitars. I do play acoustic occasionally when I play with a Celtic band and in an acoustic blues band.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
Mainly acoustic but moving towards electric lately.

Hadn't played electric since high school a real long time ago but Feb 2017 I suddenly got it into my head to start playing electric again so left work early, went to Cosmo and bought a telecaster. It was a "this has to be done now" kinda thing" ... lol

About half of my songs transferred to electric pretty easy so about 50/50 for content although these days I'm playing electric more often than acoustic.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Mostly electric, but I’ve fallen into a fun group lesson with a bunch of work mates and everyone plays acoustic so when in Rome... There is definitely a time and place for acoustic though.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Acoustic. I have an electric that I've had for nearly forty years, but I got out of the habit when I lived in an apartment. I pick it up from time to time but I always end up going back to my acoustic.

However, the two guitars currently at the top of my "wish list" are both electric. And if I ever start my own band, I'm planning on playing electric - but I figure that's at least four years away.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
80/20, like my acoustic strings. :)

I've always been mostly an electric player, but there are times when the acoustic needs to come out.

I have two electric guitars ( a les paul and a tele) and one acoustic (Harmony sovereign)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts