The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

361 - 380 of 388 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Waiting on some parts to arrive so I took some time to finish up a personal build. This is the Runoff Groove Supreaux Deux which emulates the sound of the old Supro amps made by Valco. I built this one on the Effects Layouts board and it works like a charm. These sound amazing and are super flexible and very touch sensitive.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Top Left = Bias
Top Right = Fuzz
Bottom Left = Volume
Bottom Right = Tone
Thanks for the info. I always wondered if it were possible to have a bass knob before the fuzz transistor and a treble knob after it (Timmy style). My love hate relationship with fuzz comes from the bass heavy mess that can occur. That said, I suppose there is a reason people don’t do this.

TG

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That's actually my 4-knob Fuzz Face, and it's incredible! The sound is nice and gritty (just how I like my FF), and the build quality is out of this world.

I actually find that bias knob to be extremely useable. What I'm doing is diming the volume knob, but using the bias knob essentially as the pedal's volume knob. It gives the pedal a lot more character!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Thanks for the info. I always wondered if it were possible to have a bass knob before the fuzz transistor and a treble knob after it (Timmy style). My love hate relationship with fuzz comes from the bass heavy mess that can occur. That said, I suppose there is a reason people don’t do this.

TG
The main purpose of the "Tone" control on these is to reduce bass at the input and take away the "woofiness" many players dislike.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
That's actually my 4-knob Fuzz Face, and it's incredible! The sound is nice and gritty (just how I like my FF), and the build quality is out of this world.

I actually find that bias knob to be extremely useable. Wof sounds to lay with.hat I'm doing is diming the volume knob, but using the bias knob essentially as the pedal's volume knob. It gives the pedal a lot more character!
Glad you are enjoying your pedal. These are probably the most versatile fuzz pedals I build - hands down. The additional tone control combined with the way the bias is set up gives you a huge amount of sounds to play with.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
I received a request to do a short of these PRE 250s which are Grey spec DOD250s on the original layout. I may go with a different look on this run - I haven't decided yet. If you want to get one too please let me know!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Reactions: Arcane

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Rather than Pre 250 you should call them a 249!

TG

I received a request to do a short of these PRE 250s which are Grey spec DOD250s on the original layout. I may go with a different look on this run - I haven't decided yet. If you want to get one too please let me know!

361 - 380 of 388 Posts