The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,943 Posts
And this isn't going to make it any better. They want their users (me and mrs included) to move to paying subscriptions to Apple Music, which we'd rather not. We just buy the odd tune here and there, me in particular when I'm learning new stuff for the band. Guess I'll be learning off youtube, which I already do to a large extent. Won't be subscribing to AM at least in the short term.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And this isn't going to make it any better. They want their users (me and mrs included) to move to paying subscriptions to Apple Music, which we'd rather not. We just buy the odd tune here and there, me in particular when I'm learning new stuff for the band. Guess I'll be learning off youtube, which I already do to a large extent. Won't be subscribing to AM at least in the short term.
I won't be subscribing to any streaming services any time soon.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Eh, I like the convenience and the massive library, but I'd rather ditch the sh*tty, bloated resource hog of an app at this point and buy more directly from artists, Bandcamp etc. Not sure what I'll do for old catalog discoveries now though... iTunes was great for that. I've always found streaming next to impossible—pretty near useless for my needs. I guess a lot of people never leave an internet connected area.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For quite a while now all of my listening has either been youtube or plain old radio.

Yep, I still listen to the radio.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
So what they really want is for us to pay them a monthly fee instead not a ton of great music being offered anyway so I doubt I will miss it very much I have some music that I couldn't find in other places but as of now I have over 3000 songs on my Ipods and even with that have unknown amount of CD's and a lot of todays music well some is great but most sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
If you have music that you have downloaded from Apple, you may want to back it up to a drive that they don't have access to - as I understand it, they don't actually sell you music, they "licence" it, which means that they can delete it from your account.

I recently subscribed to Spotify. I was reluctant, but my kids wanted it and it was $5 more for a family account than an individual account. I like it (except that musicians are making a pittance). You can download music so you can listen in your car, for example, without needing data. I've made a playlist of all my friends music and I let it loop when I'm not listening to anything else - at least they make a few pennies.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say that they're going to keep supporting iTunes libraries and players, but I agree with keeping a backup of your songs somewhere that they dno't have access to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts