The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,238 Posts
When you think of it, drones have revolutionized real-estate marketing.

Orillia's a nice place to live. Our in-laws live just outside of town in Washago. But that house is nowhere I'd want to live. I'd be constantly looking for the stompswitch, muttering "How do I turn this reverb OFF???!!!"

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you think of it, drones have revolutionized real-estate marketing.

Orillia's a nice place to live. Our in-laws live just outside of town in Washago. But that house is nowhere I'd want to live. I'd be constantly looking for the stompswitch, muttering "How do I turn this reverb OFF???!!!"
I'm from Orillia and know all those places well. My family has lived in Mara for generations.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
In case the first house isn't up to your standards, there's always this.

That soundtrack is annoying as hell.

Too dressy for me but the bride might like it. I'd have to return most of the yard to nature, fruit trees, a vegetable garden, and one hell of a dog run. I'd also need studio space and a large shop...I have needs.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That soundtrack is annoying as hell.

Too dressy for me but the bride might like it. I'd have to return most of the yard to nature, fruit trees, a vegetable garden, and one hell of a dog run. I'd also need studio space and a large shop...I have needs.
I'd be happy just to pitch a tent in the backyard.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Then you must know the "concrete dinosaurs" and other garden statues at that place in Brechin well.
The big dinosaur is in Gamebridge.

Spent lots of time in Orilia as a youth. Lived there until I was five and then moved down Hwy 12 to Beaverton. Spent a lot of time as a teen driving to Orillia.

A couple of years ago I drove by our old house and an older lady was outside. I stopped and talked to her --- she was the lady who bought it from my parents 40+ years ago.

I'll be going through Orillia tomorrow en route to Rama to see ZZ Top.

·
Premium Member
11,767 Posts
Yeah, I know the video is a couple of years old.

nice place, it'll look better when the old people move out...looks a little dated inside.
Is that on an island or peninsula?
our last cottage was on an island...never again.

I'm from Orillia and know all those places well. My family has lived in Mara for generations.
Interesting...our cottage growing up was around there...on lake simcoe, just past Beaverton, between the Talbot and Trent.

Reactions: butterknucket

·
Premium Member
27,238 Posts
The big dinosaur is in Gamebridge.

Spent lots of time in Orilia as a youth. Lived there until I was five and then moved down Hwy 12 to Beaverton. Spent a lot of time as a teen driving to Orillia.

A couple of years ago I drove by our old house and an older lady was outside. I stopped and talked to her --- she was the lady who bought it from my parents 40+ years ago.

I'll be going through Orillia tomorrow en route to Rama to see ZZ Top.
It's not a "big" dinosaur, so we may be talking about two different things. This place is on Highway 12, just south of the Concession Rd. 4 intersection. They make (I think, I certainly wouldn't want to have them shipped to my retail outlet) and sell what appear to be cement-cast garden/yard figures of various types; most around 5ft tall or so. Ever since we've been making the holiday season drive to Washago, we get a kick out of seeing the cement triceratops.

Here's the place: Google Maps

And don't forget to report back on the Top show!

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's not a "big" dinosaur, so we may be talking about two different things. This place is on Highway 12, just south of the Concession Rd. 4 intersection. They make (I think, I certainly wouldn't want to have them shipped to my retail outlet) and sell what appear to be cement-cast garden/yard figures of various types; most around 5ft tall or so. Ever since we've been making the holiday season drive to Washago, we get a kick out of seeing the cement triceratops.

Here's the place: Google Maps

And don't forget to report back on the Top show!

Sorry --- I misunderstood. Yes, that place does sell stuff like that. I thought you were referring to the giant dinosaur in the backyard of a place just north of the Talbot a River along hwy 12.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts