The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother made some for me that I've been using for some sore spots on my dog that seems to be working. Anyone else have any success stories?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
We have used it for a few years. It is only for external use. I used it on my leg that developed a rash a few years ago. The doctors didn't know what was causing it and gave me some antibiotics. It helped but only about 30%. I started using Argentin 23 and it was much better than antibiotics. I think it was a food allergy since it has disappeared since I have gone vegan.

Argentyn 23 · Professional-Grade Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Practitioners

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We have used it for a few years. It is only for external use. I used it on my leg that developed a rash a few years ago. The doctors didn't know what was causing it and gave me some antibiotics. It helped but only about 30%. I started using Argentin 23 and it was much better than antibiotics. I think it was a food allergy since it has disappeared since I have gone vegan.

Argentyn 23 · Professional-Grade Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Practitioners
You do know that Argentyn 23 is colloidal silver, don't you. Some people do take Colloidal silver internally. I've been reading about it.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute. It has actually really interesting effects when sprayed on plants
Being a guitar forum, I probably should of said "anyone use colloidal silver on sore fingers from playing guitar.":)

What plants? Cannabis?

·
Registered
24,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again, to cite from the wiki entry, that cites an FDA report: "Alternative medicine products such as colloidal silver are not safe or effective.[8]" "Over-the-Counter Drug Products Containing Colloidal Silver Ingredients or Silver Salts". FDA. August 17, 1999. Retrieved 18 August 2016.

See also: Colloidal Silver for more advisories.
[8] link doesn't work Mark. Still reading about it. Lots of success stories though and the last thing the big drug companies would want is people using something they can make at home. We'll see. As for now, I'll keep using it on my dog to see if it continues to heal the sores on her skin. I will talk to my vet about it and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
You do know that Argentyn 23 is colloidal silver, don't you. Colloidal silver can be taken internally. I've been reading about it.
Well, we were taking it internally to boost against colds and it seemed to work as I get 2-3 bad colds a year but when I started taking it, I had none that year. About 7-8 months ago, my wife said she read that it was for external use only. It seems she was mistaken, which is rare.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not necessarily. Some people take it internally. It's their choice I guess. I did read that the one guy that reportedly turned blue was drinking it like water and drank way more than the recommended dosage.

·
Registered
24,675 Posts
[8] link doesn't work Mark. Still reading about it. Lots of success stories though and the last thing the big drug companies would want is people using something they can make at home. We'll see. As for now, I'll keep using it on my dog to see if it continues to heal the sores on her skin. I will talk to my vet about it and see what he thinks.
From the NIH website (see second link):

Is Colloidal Silver Safe?
  • Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually permanent.
  • Colloidal silver can also cause poor absorption of some drugs, such as certain antibiotics and thyroxine (used to treat thyroid deficiency).
  • The FDA also warned in 1999 that colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.
  • The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies for making misleading claims about colloidal silver products.

More About Argyria
  • Silver can build up in the body’s tissue, causing a bluish-gray discoloration of large areas of skin, especially those exposed to the sun.
  • People have developed argyria from using homemade and commercial colloidal silver products.

Is Colloidal Silver Effective?
Scientific evidence doesn’t support the use of colloidal silver dietary supplements for any disease or condition.

• Silver has no known function or benefits in the body when taken by mouth.
  • Silver is not a nutritionally essential mineral or a useful dietary supplement.
  • People may be exposed to silver, usually in tiny amounts, through air, water, and food, and in certain activities such as jewelry-making or soldering.
  • Colloidal silver products are sometimes sold as homeopathic remedies. For more information on homeopathy, see nccih.nih.gov/health/homeopathy.
  • Topical silver (used on the skin) has some appropriate medical uses, such as in bandages and dressings to treat burns, skin wounds, or skin infections. It’s also in medicines to prevent conjunctivitis (an eye condition) in newborns. However, there are no legally marketed prescription or over-the-counter drugs containing colloidal silver that are taken by mouth.
More to Consider
  • Colloidal silver and other complementary products or practices that have not been proven safe and effective should never be used to replace conventional medical care or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem.
  • Tell all your health care providers about any complementary health approaches you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
“When using colloidal silver formulated and 20 ppm or greater as a foliar spray, drenching the target area of the plant for 10-18 days in a row, the silver ion then inhibits the ethylene production needed by the plant to produce female flowers; In turn forcing the female plant to produce male pollensacs. Because female plants having zero male chromosomes the pollen produced is female, resulting in 99.99% guaranteed female seeds when using the pollen from the plant that was treated with colloidal silver.”

You mean people eat this stuff? To do what, have a daughter? Lol Homeopaths I swear.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
You mean people eat this stuff? To do what, have a daughter? Lol Homeopaths I swear.
Among the crazy home/homeopath remedies I heard while fighting cancer, someone suggested eating gold. Yea, because there's so much serious scientific proof supporting that. o_O

I'm glad I went the 'serious science' route, against the advice of some of them. Science and 'big pharma' saved my life. Those home cure experts may not be so lucky if they find themselves in a similar situation.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
I'm picturing the homeopath's panning for gold in peoples toilets.:) I hope your fight with cancer is going well.
Twenty years ago right now, I was at the early stages of 6 months of outpatient chemo. As it turned out, there's was still about 24 months of serious battle raging ahead of me (killed it the first time but it recurred for 'round two', as my oncologist so elegantly and bluntly put it LOL). Doing much better since, thanks for asking.

Fuck Cancer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts