The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the flange effect in my small but mighty vox da-5 has convinced me that i need to add a flanger to my already over-crowded pedalboard, which already has a chorus and a tremolo.

should i get the mxr flanger?

should i be looking at another brand?

should i sell the chorus and trem and buy a modulation modeler like the (oh-so-reliable) line six mm-4?

thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I use the Ibanez CF7. I don't like it though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're looking for just a flanger, get the MXR. It's cheap and it sounds great. There's nothing else there like it.

If you're looking for something with chorus, trem & flange, the Line6 modeler is decent. The MXR flange emulation is pretty good, but again, it's no match for the real thing.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BrownID said:
If you're looking for just a flanger, get the MXR. It's cheap and it sounds great. There's nothing else there like it.QUOTE]

...i took a used mxr flanger home for the night, but it seems to have lost its mojo. it sounded like it was barely there, on every setting that i tried. i may go back to the store and see if they will sell it cheap, then see if i can find someone to fix it.

its an older, grey model, with an attached ac cord - no battery or wall wart option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have a cheap thing i talked the guy down to $60 from 100... i guess he really didnt want it. its fun sometimes, ill use it for solos sometimes or just for accenting little things, it seems to add a nice bit of bite but sometimes it gets really trebly, or it distorts the pitch so much vocals can be screwed up. its a decent effect that i use, mostly my only modulation.

·
Premium Member
16,657 Posts
If you can find an ADA Flanger I'd recommend you try it.

I've used the Electro Harmonix, MXR and Boss models and all work well but the ADA is better than all of them in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts