The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Yep. Have had it for a few months now, and it works great. No issues. I've used it at home, at the rehearsal room, and at two gigs. I've never had the battery run out. I didn't think I would use it during a gig because I didn't want to risk it cutting out. I intended to use it for sound check by walking around the venue while playing. But losing that cable... man, it's freeing!

I would caution you that it's not particularly "heavy duty". A big drop, or stepping on it, would surely crack the housing.

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
Nope, I've got a Shure, but damn that is slick.

Reactions: BSTheTech

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
Yep. Have had it for a few months now, and it works great. No issues. I've used it at home, at the rehearsal room, and at two gigs. I've never had the battery run out. I didn't think I would use it during a gig because I didn't want to risk it cutting out. I intended to use it for sound check by walking around the venue while playing. But losing that cable... man, it's freeing!

I would caution you that it's not particularly "heavy duty". A big drop, or stepping on it, would surely crack the housing.
Do you notice any tone alteration? I hated the Line 6 wireless, couldn't dial out the treble to my ears. The Shure on the other hand is completely transparent. Excellent but pricey and bulky.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Do you notice any tone alteration? I hated the Line 6 wireless, couldn't dial out the treble to my ears. The Shure on the other hand is completely transparent. Excellent but pricey and bulky.
I have noticed no difference at all. YMMV

Just thought of another cool thing to pass along: if switching guitars, you can avoid the cable POP by just turning it off first.
(of course, if you use silent plugs anyways, you don't care much :))

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Do you think that will be a problem when I'm playing on the couch while watching TV on a guitar with the jack on the bottom side like on my PRS?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Do you think that will be a problem when I'm playing on the couch while watching TV on a guitar with the jack on the bottom side like on my PRS?
You may find it gets in the way. It won't break it. It's okay if sitting on the edge of the couch, not if you're fully La-Z-Boy reclined with your feet up o_O

You may also find it gets in the way on your guitar stand. It depends on what kind of stand you use. In which case, you're probably best to remove it first.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,077 Posts
I have one. It's a good $200 wireless, although it's not all that durable if you're going to take it out, and though I did have some success using it on gigs, near the end of my time with it was not as reliable. I still think they're an excellent value for experimenting with a small space, low cost wireless, but not nearly as robust (tonally or quality wise) as the higher end units.

W.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may find it gets in the way. It won't break it. It's okay if sitting on the edge of the couch, not if you're fully La-Z-Boy reclined with your feet up o_O

You may also find it gets in the way on your guitar stand. It depends on what kind of stand you use. In which case, you're probably best to remove it first.
Thanks mate, useful observations for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts