The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering switching from my OCD + micro amp to the FD3, as it's drive and a clean boost all in one. At $170 new from L&M it's also a pretty decent price. My concerns are that the drive channel will sound a little too different than my OCD, and that the clean boost won't have the same oomph as my MXR.

Part of the reason for the change-up is that the MXR is a little temperamental, and that I'd gain another port for power... which means I can add another pedal ;).

Who's used one?!

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I've owned the previous version of the FD in both custom shop and mosfet and let them both go in favor of keeping my OCD and Fullboost (which is very similar to your set-up). Couldn't bond with either channel on the FD's. However, not having tried the FD3 I'm not really answering your question.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
L&M let you buy and return within 30 days if you don't like it.

I have an FD2 that I like, but lately I'm using the RC Booster Version 2. I like it alot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have one, also had an early-edition FD2 that I sold a while back. Runs through a SFDR and SFPR. Some think the 3 is not as good as the 2 but I'm happy with it, especially the separate boost that's switchable pre- to post -drive. Best to get it from L&M and you decide.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't want to get hit with the restocking fee. That new trailer means I have to be sure haha.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Budda: What restocking fee? The FD3 isn't a 'special order' item at L&M, so you should be able to order online or get your local store to bring one in from another store... unless you're financing it. FWIW, I often have to get my nearest L&M to bring in an item they currently don't have in stock, and I've never had a problem returning for full price within 30 days. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts