The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I tried one in the local L&M, I thought they were really nice. I actually loved the neck, it was my favorite part of the guitar. If you are cool with what they charge for a American Strat these days, I think you'll be very happy. Sounded fantastic through the Deluxe Reverb that I plugged it into.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
The new guitar line seems really nice on paper.
Bigger neck, bigger frets, better bridge, new pickups...
anyone tried them?

I am tempted...
I liked them a lot. But, ended up buying the Elite for the N4 pickups and a few other features. I like the neck on the Elite's better but that could be subjective, maybe they're even the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have two: a stratocaster in "sonic gray" (which is a cool colour) and a Jazzmaster in OW. I hated the V-mod pickups in the JM and swapped them for more traditional-sounding Fender Vintage JM pickups (I think that's what they are called--the ones they put in the AVRI JMs). The V-mods sounded like strat pickups to me, and I guess I wanted a jazzmaster to sound like a jazzmaster. The strat was much better, although that guitar now sports Fralins. I might put the stock ones back, though.

Really like the necks on both--radius (9.5"), fret size and contour.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I have a 2017 American Professional, Olympic white with Rosewood board, I'm going to be listing it for sale soon. Feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested. It will be priced VERY fair.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Tried the new Jazzmaster and it was great. Sounded very good and the neck was comfy. I also tried one the the new Mustang with the single pickups selector, and it was also very cool!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts