The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about what these sound like , being all maple . Any experience out there ?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I had one years ago. It was a fine and well built guitar but VERY bright sounding. I never got used to the rotary dial. It was a pretty cool guitar and wish I could give it another play.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't played one in years but the one I did spend time with was pretty heavy... probably 9 pounds... I thought the pickup controls were complex at the time but I'd probably enjoy exploring them now... Didn't Paul Stanley push these in magazines back in the day? or was that the Marauder?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
30 years ago there was one at a local shop for a while, Major & Minor.

It looked funny to me at the time. It was heavy. I had no idea what the switch did. Amps made one sound back then, and the switch was rendered useless.

I remember it had a fast neck, but the kind that would chew up your hand, big frets close to the edge.

·
Premium Member
11,106 Posts
Loved it when I tried it decades ago. I've looked at maybe even assembling one with Warmoth parts and though that gets pricey in a hurry it's still on my wish list. The one with through body stringing and rosewood fingerboard had a better balance than an LP. As for tone it seems to be to have been brighter than an LP and mellower than a Telecaster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts