The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Multiple Ibanez RG’s and a few SA’s
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With that new tax on Rosewood guitars between Canada and the US, has anyone actually ordered a guitar since this came into affect?

I'm wondering if there is an extra charge and if so, roughly how much?

·
Premium Member
Multiple Ibanez RG’s and a few SA’s
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so what happens if I order a Rosewood guitar from the US then?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Probably nothing. YMMV. Lots of threads. Try Search. Google is also your friend.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Try searching "CITES" in this forum and you will get a few threads. I have shipped and received a few guitars without any issues but I also had a guitar delivered within the US and picked it up at a private mailbox centre which went very smoothly as well.

I've only read about one individual claiming that a guitar was ceazed by customs and this individual was based in the U.K. Europe seems to be more diligent about the required paperwork as I ordered a guitar from Germany and the package was opened and fully inspected by German customs. The shipment had the required paperwork and there were no further issues.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I just brought a new HD-28v (rosewood and ebony) with me from Seattle into Edmonton International. They didn't ask to see the receipt or even to open up the case. And they were more than fair with their valuation for CDN exchange.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
I just brought a new HD-28v (rosewood and ebony) with me from Seattle into Edmonton International. They didn't ask to see the receipt or even to open up the case. And they were more than fair with their valuation for CDN exchange.
When traveling with your instrument, the CITES permits are not required (unless it's Brazilian). Permits are only applicable when shipping (see "CITES" thread).

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
I did. Took an extra week for the paperwork. No other charges. Have scanned in the paperwork so it's on my iphone just in case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts