The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order online from Steve’s Music? Any issues? I placed an order 8 days ago and still haven’t received confirmation of shipping nor received my order. Can’t get ahold of anyone through email, even tried calling....the sales rep blew my off and sent me to voicemail!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I've ordered a few things from Steve's in-store, and *every* order has been messed up. I like the guys there, but I've given up on trying to buy anything that isn't on the wall in the store. Pity...

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Weird. I ordered a floor tom from them several years ago and it showed up just fine. I can't remember how long it took.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Anyone order online from Steve’s Music? Any issues? I placed an order 8 days ago and still haven’t received confirmation of shipping nor received my order. Can’t get ahold of anyone through email, even tried calling....the sales rep blew my off and sent me to voicemail!
I had the same issue a year or so ago when I ordered a Bonamassa Firebird. They promised me twice that they would deal with it and never did and the third call was to cancel.

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
I've ordered from Steve's a few times. Didn't like the experience. The last time I ordered a product that was on sale, they charged my card and then a few days later cancelled the order without even telling me. I did get my money back though. Haven't ordered anything on-line since but their stores have some cool gear. Better selection of amps and non-Fender gear than the local L&M.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got a funny story about ordering from Steve's online a few years ago....

I was perusing their site and noticed that someone had a data entry error entering the price for a classic player Jazzmaster. The price read 179.99 as opposed to the expected $1079.99. Naturally, I decided to purchase this thing immediately! I received email confirmation that the transaction was confirmed after entering my payment details and that shipping would occur shortly. I waited a few days with no response and then received and email cancelling my order. No other real explanation regarding why although I was offered a compensation 10% off of my next online purchase. I didn't buy anything else though and after a little googling found out that the sellers are not actually obliged to honour posted prices and can cancel transactions like this at anytime. Too bad it wasn't Best Buy..........

Anyhow, Steve's in person is fine. I've bought quite a few odds and ends from them over the past few years. Never any guitars though.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I know a lot of people that don't go to Montreal's Steve's because they think the employees there are pricks
They tend to to act like they're too cool to offer some assistance, but I've never had any problem getting what I wanted, if I asked

Regarding the online store thing, they seem to have trouble keeping up with the times.
Italmelodie went under because they couldn't do anything right business-wise, online store included
Wouldn't be surprised if Steve's called it quits in the near future with the recent arrival of L&M in the province

1 - 16 of 16 Posts