The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else is in to listening to and collecting albums ? Maybe if there is enough interest we could do some buying/selling/trading or have some general discussions about the topic ?

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
I like vinyl and have a decent spinner and a lot classical Bach, Mozart and Vivaldi kinda shit which seriously rocks but I’m not into collecting it particularly when the Alman Brothers at the Filmore goes for like $35 beans.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,886 Posts
I want to get into it, but don't have an adequate listening space. :( Maybe 10 years from now.

·
Premium Member
17,352 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm "into" vinyl in that despite owning the setup, I rarely listen to records I own. I have unopened albums still. I actually have some speakers and a table that I am trying to sell as I don't need two.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I 've bought records off this forum already.

A few Bands in I've been in have also put out vinyl. Who wants a Pender 12?

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ive kept all my vinyl's, got 10 milk cartons or so... Looking for bootleg albums was a big thing when I was a teenager. Still have my turn table and all. just dont use them since I have a Sony CD carousel... All my music in one box...

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Never really stopped listening to it over the years. Bought myself a turntable again a few years ago and then got a system setup in our living room a couple of years ago and have been buying new vinyl since. My recent acquisitions were during the Record Store Days where they release limited new or reissued vinyls. The last 3 vinyls I bought are the 3 new Van Morrison albums, released in the the last 12 months. Also got Gregg Allman's last album released last year after he passed away. I have over 2,000 LPs right now.

Here are the ones I got during Record Store Day 04/21/2018. Rory Gallagher's 'The French Connection', Lou Reed/Kris Kristofferson 'The Bottom Line Archive' LTD Edition number 771/1000, Van Morrison's 'The Alternative Moondance', David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' Full Length Demo, Madonna's 'The First Album' Replica of 1983 Japanese 8-track Picture Disc LP.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
We do have a bunch... in the basement now... bought and spared when CD came around...
As vinyl were deemed to disappear, I used to copy them on cassettes and play these on tape deck to save the vinyls.
Who could know they would come alive again...
Have a stereo system and nice rebuilt turntable too. Never use them though my PC is plugged in its aux entry !
Was to convert to mp3 but as they come back, just enjoy them as they are.
Should make an inventory... as I wished I would have done some years ago...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Never really stopped listening to it over the years. Bought myself a turntable again a few years ago and then got a system setup in our living room a couple of years ago and have been buying new vinyl since. My recent acquisitions were during the Record Store Days where they release limited new or reissued vinyls. The last 3 vinyls I bought are the 3 new Van Morrison albums, released in the the last 12 months. Also got Gregg Allman's last album released last year after he passed away. I have over 2,000 LPs right now.

Here are the ones I got during Record Store Day 04/21/2018. Rory Gallagher's 'The French Connection', Lou Reed/Kris Kristofferson 'The Bottom Line Archive' LTD Edition number 771/1000, Van Morrison's 'The Alternative Moondance', David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' Full Length Demo, Madonna's 'The First Album' Replica of 1983 Japanese 8-track Picture Disc LP.

Nice, here's what I ended up with on RSD18

I was hoping to get the Pink Floyd Piper At The Gates Of Dawn release but they where out :(

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
I still have all my old vinyl. All these years I've moved it from house to house to house. Starting to think about setting up an old stereo and turntable again. I want to go tube amp.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Nice, here's what I ended up with on RSD18

I was hoping to get the Pink Floyd Piper At The Gates Of Dawn release but they where out :(

Managed to get the Johnny Cash Singles which I believe was a give away? Got mine on ebay. Also was able to get the RSD Jeff Beck Truth album at Discogs. I was told there is only a 1000 that was released.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts