The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone on here plays/uses Rocksmith 2014. I had never touched a guitar until2 years ago. I heard about Rocksmith, and I haven't looked back. I've had over a 1000 hours of fun with it, and now own a few Epiphones, and a couple of basses.I'm still a total hack with a guitar, but I enjoy it thoroughly. I was also wondering if anyone in Ottawa, might want to try it out with me, for fun.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I played it a bit. I particularly liked the arcade style games to increase dexterity. Even though I liked it, I got confused/lost when playing songs. But had I played in a more regimented way I'm sure I wouldn't have been as confused.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
I have it, but haven’t got too far with it. The lag between playing and the sound bugs me. I bought an optical cable which was supposed to fix it, but I can still hear it. I’ve been meaning to try to work it out because it seems like a fun way to put in some time on the guitar stuff building speed and dexterity.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it, but haven’t got too far with it. The lag between playing and the sound bugs me. I bought an optical cable which was supposed to fix it, but I can still hear it. I’ve been meaning to try to work it out because it seems like a fun way to put in some time on the guitar stuff building speed and dexterity.
It is. I still suck, but people that have played guitar for years, say it helps with speed and other stuff, and its just plain fun to play song after song for a few hours instead of just focusing on 1 with tabs. I play it for fun, i'm not looking to become a stage musician. I'm 50ish and have been listening to music for 40 + years, and it feels awesome to finally pick up a guitar or bass and hack away to the tunes I've loved for so long. There is an option in the options menu called lag correction, which I had to use. I messed around with it for a few days and have it good enough that I don't notice the lag anymore. I ope you figure it out, cause it really is fun... do you have the rocksmith 2014 version, or the older one, cause the 2014 version is wayyyyyyy better!

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Mine is 2014, yes. I’ve read that disabling all Dolby and surround effects on my sound system will help, so I’ll try that, too.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Have it. Found it confusing. I was playing an online guitar game that I liked better (Guitarbots) and I never went back to it. Guitarbots has apparently become Yousician which I have not tried (yet). I liked it because it gave me the option to play my acoustic through a USB mike and it worked out quite well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I played it a bit. I particularly liked the arcade style games to increase dexterity. Even though I liked it, I got confused/lost when playing songs. But had I played in a more regimented way I'm sure I wouldn't have been as confused.
Have it. Found it confusing. I was playing an online guitar game that I liked better (Guitarbots) and I never went back to it. Guitarbots has apparently become Yousician which I have not tried (yet). I liked it because it gave me the option to play my acoustic through a USB mike and it worked out quite well.
Nice , I've never heard of it, but rocksmith did a huge update last year for free, that improved features and added an option to play acoustic with a decent mic. You just have to have a decent mic and have it aimed directly at the guitar. and yeah most people find it confusing at first. Some people don't even realize that theres an option to invert the strings so that its more familiar for traditional tabbers, others don't know about correcting the lag between the audi and video. learning to process the on-screen info is difficult at first, but your eyes, and then brain will adjust after a few hours and then it all starts to slow down to normal time instead of information overload....lol Actually, rereading your post, I have heard of yousician and many seem to like that as well. I prefer rocksmith, but that's what I started with, and have never sat down, and worked on tabs... too much work for my lay ass!. rocksmith, I just sight-read songs after song for hours as I'm playing. I will say though, that tabs are propbably better for most people for memorizing a song, cause with rocksmith you're playing the song, but your brain is more focused on the notes and freats coming next. Mind you, breaking songs down in the riff repeater into chunks would fix this for memorizing but I haven't biothered doing that yet... I wish there were more hours in the week to devote to playing guitar, but that damn work thing gets in the way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts