The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
16,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 2 button footswitch, both latching, no LED's, small form factor, something like this. Anyone in Canada make these?

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Hmmmm, lots in USA, electric mojo?

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,891 Posts
Virtually anyone who does amp/electronics repairs and/or who builds pedals can make them. Lots listed from across the country in our free public directory:
Luthier/Tech/Dealer Directory - Canada

Find someone in your area and you can have one made without having to pay for shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
lot's of how to's on youtube, if you are electronically inclined

·
Administrator
16,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lot's of how to's on youtube, if you are electronically inclined
I know I could make one but by the time I've done sourcing the parts and getting them shipped here, and then spend time building it, it just seems easier to buy one :)

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I do as well: here's some of mine:

Scratch build for a Garnet:

Complete gut job and rebuild for a Sunn. Before (as it came to me):

And after (better than the original):

I have all the parts, including cast alu Hammond style pedal enclosures in various sizes; no waiting to order stuff in.

P

·
0 Posts
I do as well: here's some of mine:

Scratch build for a Garnet:

Complete gut job and rebuild for a Sunn. Before (as it came to me):

And after (better than the original):

I have all the parts, including cast alu Hammond style pedal enclosures in various sizes; no waiting to order stuff in.
If I was him I'd get you to do it.

·
Administrator
16,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can definitely help out, but I am sloooooooooow. Still trying to get stuff in stock after NAMM.
I'm checking with Granny for a price, I'm not remotely patient once i get an idea in my head though so I may end up building one myself if he doesn't want to do it :)

Very pleased to hear your stuff was at NAMM.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Other than in size and LEDs how does your request differ from the standard two button Traynor/Yorkville switch? Could one of those (often dirt cheap used at an L&M) be re-homed in a smaller box?

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Granny to the rescue :)

As for the questions - I already have 2 generic 2 button footswitches, an FS-6 and an Apex that I used on an older Traynor. Both are pretty big and both have LED's. The FS-6 works perfectly, you can see it in the video I posted in the amp section, the Apex doesn't work. This will be used for the Bluguitar Amp1.

Per the manual

Why do not all foot switches work with LEDs?
The switching process using the foot switch connected to the REMOTE-socket of the AMP1 is performed by measuring the voltage at this socket. Foot switches without LEDs always work. A foot switch with a LED without an internal resistor also works. In the case of foot switches with LEDs the resistor can be too big, so that the voltage drop is not sufficient to trigger the switching operation.

So I'd like the smallest form factor possible and anything with an LED would be a crap shoot.

Granny has everything I need and has agreed to build one for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts