The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently started to play online poker. I was using replay poker, but its so obviously fixed...you can't go three hands without someone getting a flush. But, I like the format and layout, with the tournaments. I did try Pokerstars, but its confusing and hard to pick good games.
Any suggestions??
Cheers

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I come from a family that loves to play cards and I can play all night. I played poker (for fun, of course) with some friends a few years ago while on vacation. It is so boring to me. I'll sit out next time and read a book.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
I come from a family that loves to play cards and I can play all night. I played poker (for fun, of course) with some friends a few years ago while on vacation. It is so boring to me. I'll sit out next time and read a book.
any suggestions a good poker site? something fun maybe?

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
One of my friends got into that a while back. He said when he wasn't playing for real money, he was un-beatable. He won every hand. (he is good btw) As soon as he started betting real money on the same site, he lost everything.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the money sites are mostly being played by pros waiting for the newbie 'fish' to come along & clean them out. They play patient patient patient by the books, most playing multiple tables at the same time, and mostly nibbling small gains while folding 95% of time. Too tedious for non-pros to maintain that type of discipline. It's not like Saturday night with your drunken buddies.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
One of my friends got into that a while back. He said when he wasn't playing for real money, he was un-beatable. He won every hand. (he is good btw) As soon as he started betting real money on the same site, he lost everything.
I think they are set up that way to give you confidence so you'll start playing for money. It's just best to stay away from all poker sites and keep your money in your pocket, not someone else's.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think the money sites are mostly being played by pros waiting for the newbie 'fish' to come along & clean them out. They play patient patient patient by the books, most playing multiple tables at the same time, and mostly nibbling small gains while folding 95% of time. Too tedious for non-pros to maintain that type of discipline. It's not like Saturday night with your drunken buddies.
Online poker is dominated by "script kiddies" especially once you get past the small stakes stuff...where there's money to be made, there's cheaters o' plenty!

I used to play a lot on Poker Stars about 10 years ago and did alright in the 1 and 2 table tourneys but once they made it really difficult to get your money out I cashed out and bought a PS3.

Not sure if they have those kinds of "mini" tourneys anymore but those were fun and short enough to not be tedious or a drag. I used to like the $5 and $10 buy-ins but anything higher than that seemed to be really tough to beat consistently enough to make it worthwhile...for me at least.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Half the fun of gambling is getting out and mixing with others. On-line poker sounds kinda boring.

I'm old school. I like the old haunts that claim: 'liquor in the front and poker in the rear'. Ya know, the classy jernts.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a buddy that made very good money taking money from newbs. He would play dual monitors, 8 tables a time, and made a very healthy days wage before breakfast. He gave me a $200 credit to start playing but I lacked the discipline so after getting bored of grinding my way to 5 or 600$ I pretty much blew it all. The minute you leave the low buy in's you get cleaned out in a hurry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts