The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our current internet is slow (bell) and we are thinking of switching over to FIBE for tv and fast internet. I could easily end our TV but my wife still watches stuff and my kids love Treehouse.

I am wondering in FIBE really delivers or if you still end up buffering or suffer from low quality resolution during high traffic. One of the big advantages of FIBE is that you can set your tv up anywhere without worrying about a satellite cable; this is a big plus for us as it would allow us to completely rearrange our living room.

Any experiences good or bad appreciated. Our 8 year old PVR/Receiver is about to die so we need to make a decision.

Thanks
TG

·
Premium Member
17,601 Posts
We have had FIBE TV for a few years.
I have no complaints, but I'm not a techie and all I care is that it works.
Our TV is old and is hard wired from the router into a Bell box and then to the TV.

I just measured our Internet speeds:
Download: 25.8 mbps
Upload 1.8 mbps
Latency 48 ms

We use Apple TV for Netflix and watch very little actual TV apart from buying some movies through "On Demand".
I tried to stream FM radio through Apple TV and that was not successful.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I had fibe for 6 months and cancelled it. I got really tired of resetting the modem EVERY DAY! If I called them and complained, they would tell me to reset the modem. Told them to take the crap they gave me and stick it up their arses

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I am wondering in FIBE really delivers or if you still end up buffering or suffer from low quality resolution during high traffic. One of the big advantages of FIBE is that you can set your tv up anywhere without worrying about a satellite cable; this is a big plus for us as it would allow us to completely rearrange our living room. Any experiences good or bad appreciated.
We were on Rogers cable for about 30 years, and had occasional complaints about choking in the afternoons but only rarely.

A move to a temporary location put us on Bell FIBE for a year, including one TV on a wireless transmitter. We had no complaints about service - reliable, very fast internet, high-quality 1080p TV - but we paid a sh*t-ton of money for it.

Now we're on Rogers Gigabit cable for internet only (no cable TV). It's faster than FIBE but I usually only know that by measuring it. In routine usage the difference isn't often noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts