The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it has been discussed before.
I used a 4x10 Hartke XL for many years when they were a boutiquey type cab. There are more haters than lovers on bass forums, but I must say, these bass cabs are bullet-proof and sound great. They also sound amazing in guitar rigs!! I knew a guy around 1990 or so using a Hartke 410 bass cab in his guitar rig and his tone was amazing. I played with a guitarist 2 years ago also using a 410 Hartke bass cab for his guitar (Boogie head, Marshall power), and his sound was so thick and huge.

At my gig Friday night, we were killing time before we were to go on stage. I grabbed the guitarist's spare MIM Strat and plugged it into my rig (see sig). I dialled up the pre-amp tube gain a bit and played a simple tune. Now, I'm no guitarist, but that was some thick, tasty guitar tone!

Does anyone here use bass amps and / or cabs with their guitar rig? My guitarist is soooo a stick in the mud and refuses to acknowledge that this could work well for him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
do you or dont you

I do quite a bit
I run a traynor custom special head and a 4-10 bass cab with pedals
highway

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Lots of guitar players do. The fender bassman amps are a prime example. I also know guys who use Ampeg bass amps for guitar (the old portaflexs make great guitar amps). I run sometimes into an old Univox 4x12 bass cab and I also will plug into an ampeg 1x15 in conjunction with my regular 4x12.

·
Registered
874 Posts
A buddy of mine has 2 older Peavey SS bass combo amps (I think 130 watts each) with 15 inch speakers, that he runs his guitars through in stereo. Sounds pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts