The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about this on the radio and was just at their website. For someone like me.. As is looking to play with others to develope better chops not to mention have fun, it certainly sounds interesting. Let me know if anyone has heard anything good or bad please.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
heard about it on Q107 about a year ago. heard part of an update again this am on the way to work. sounds like the , perhaps, first group is ready to record. Sounds very professionally put together, with some 70's performers involved (drummer from the Yardbirds is producing?), but really don't know anythin good or bad about the program. out of TO.
sounds very exciting.could be a wonderful experience, but I had the impression it was expensive. also heard that the multimillionaire from RIM is involved somehow. wish I could have heard the rest of this mornings interview. be bold and give it a go...LOL
cheers
RIFF

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
be bold and give it a go...LOL
cheers
RIFF

Ha!ha! I DOES sound exciting, but it's $1400 for 10 weeks. Works out to $70 bucks an hour... Don't know that I'm that desperate!

·
Registered
249 Posts
And then Jack Black walks into the classroom... :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Indeed, funny thing is I was reading on the website that someone is in fact starting some kind of school of rock in the TO area to be open sometime in 08!! But yeah that's what I thought when I was reading, kinda interesting, but at the same time.... They are in fact aiming at 30-60 year olds.

I

·
0 Posts
I was, for a very short period of time, a "pro sub" for the LoR. The idea was when regular members can't make it out or the big name pros can't do a drop in I'd go. I only got called out once and then I left Toronto for Ottawa.

The whole thing is aimed very squarely at Bay Streeters, doctors and lawyers who want to pay to play. It's organized and run reasonably well. They worked out a lot of bugs in the idea in this first session. And you do get a considerable amount for the money. The rehearsals are catered with food and BEvERage. The back line equipment supplied is really good stuff.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole thing is aimed very squarely at Bay Streeters, doctors and lawyers who want to pay to play. It's organized and run reasonably well. They worked out a lot of bugs in the idea in this first session. And you do get a considerable amount for the money. The rehearsals are catered with food and BEvERage. The back line equipment supplied is really good stuff.
Well thanks for the info.. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to lay out the cash... Although I think it might be better spend to aleviate my GAS.

I

·
0 Posts
Well thanks for the info.. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to lay out the cash... Although I think it might be better spend to aleviate my GAS.
Try Craigslist (http://toronto.craigslist.org/muc). Post an honest description of your playing level and your commitment and see if you can get a jam going with some people you like. You can rent the Rehearsal Factory space, same as LoR, or Cherry Beach Sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts