The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a cab on Ebay. It's a great price on a beat up cab that I'm thinking would make for a great project. Thought the price is great, I'm not sure about shipping on a 50-60lb cab from the States. A great deal can quickly become a crap deal if shipping/duty is in the $100 range.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I bought a Shiva combo from a guy in New York. It's a heavy mother. It cost about $100 US just for shipping. Customs was about $50 give or take, and then 14% sales tax.
You're right, a good deal can get expensive in a hurry.
Still glad I bought it though. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I purchased a new VHT 412 cab from the states (A shop in Ohio). Shipping was only $90usd but all the extra stuff when it crossed the boarder is what kinda pisst me off, specially with UPS. If I remember correctly, I had to pay $225 in brokage fees, etc., etc..

But now that there is a canadian dealer for VHT stuff, I checked the prices and I paid pretty much about the same if I would have gotten it from here.

cheers

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I would get the dimensions and shipping weight of the cab and city/zip and get a quote from USPS online on shipping parcel class. If it's within their dimensions and weight limitations, you may get away with just shipping and not brokerage. If the cab is made in North America, there will be no duty charged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts