The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
I havent. I likely would only watch one, which is the best?

N.B.: Im not a comic book guy, so some of the characters (like wanda and vision) arent familiar to me other than their brief movie appearances.

I watched a half dozen episodes of The Punisher on Netflix...started off good, then kind of lost me.

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent. I likely would only watch one, which is the best?

N.B.: Im not a comic book guy, so some of the characters (like wanda and vision) arent familiar to me other than their brief movie appearances.

I watched a half dozen episodes of The Punisher on Netflix...started off good, then kind of lost me.
The Punisher was a great series, they are talking about bringing the actor back for the new movies coming out for the new Phase 4 plot line ( all new movies going towards the same storyline in the coming years)

If you are not to familiar, I would suggest the Loki series since the Wanda Vision was entertaining but didn't give to much information on the upcoming plot line.

The Falcon Winter Soldier just introduced the New Captain America.

The Loki series will define the base of the upcoming films ( Spider-man 3, Doctor Strange 2 and so forth)

Plus he is a more interesting character since always a devious little fucker.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Big Marvel fan here and am following all these TV series, I like the WandaVision and the Falcon/Winter soldier so far.

Anyone else here follow these?
Huuuuge marvel fan here. Been following it since the beginning and I've seen the movies multiple times. They're such a joy and yeah, I loved the first episode of Loki.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Daredevil on Netflix !

Rumors is that Daredevil (the Netflix actor) will be in the coming Spider-man 3 movie as Matt Murdock...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I've been tempted. Just haven't sat down to watch yet. I've always liked the character, and Hiddleston is so good as Loki it really makes me want to check it out. But, I'm cautious, as he is so hated that he is actually loved, I wouldn't want to see him do any good deeds now that 100% focus is on him.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been tempted. Just haven't sat down to watch yet. I've always liked the character, and Hiddleston is so good as Loki it really makes me want to check it out.
They landed on the perfect actor for Loki, Tom Hiddleston is amazing in his role. Can you believe that he originally went in for the Thor casting role ! :oops:

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
I've been tempted. Just haven't sat down to watch yet. I've always liked the character, and Hiddleston is so good as Loki it really makes me want to check it out. But, I'm cautious, as he is so hated that he is actually loved, I wouldn't want to see him do any good deeds now that 100% focus is on him.
good observation.
Loki reminds me of Hannibal Lecter...you shouldnt like him, but you kind of do...

Reactions: SWLABR

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
With Downey JR, and Evans "retiring" from their respective characters, I would imagine Helmsworth is close behind. I can't think of many that would have made a better Thor, but even more dead on, was Hiddleston as Loki!

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
The Punisher was a great series, they are talking about bringing the actor back for the new movies coming out for the new Phase 4 plot line ( all new movies going towards the same storyline in the coming years)

If you are not to familiar, I would suggest the Loki series since the Wanda Vision was entertaining but didn't give to much information on the upcoming plot line.

The Falcon Winter Soldier just introduced the New Captain America.

The Loki series will define the base of the upcoming films ( Spider-man 3, Doctor Strange 2 and so forth)

Plus he is a more interesting character since always a devious little fucker.
I thought they made it clear at the end of Endgame?
I wasnt happy with that direction.

·
Occasional CEO
My Superstrat
1,973 Posts
I thought I was all Marvelled out after Endgame. The films were entertaining and the nostalgia was there because I used to be into comic books as a kid. But, after how many films, I was mentally done with Marvel. The formula was starting to get boring. Every movie is the same. So, while I enjoyed the ride, it was time to get off. I had no intention of watching any more movies or the new shows.

But, life being what it is, we have Disney Plus for the kids. One night when I doing some mindless work, I put on an episode of Wandavision in the background. Ended up eventually watching the whole series, also Falcon and Winter Soldier. Both felt different than the films, which was refreshing.

I just watched the first episode of Loki the other night and enjoyed it. To echo what's been said, Hiddleson really was the perfect casting. He owns the role through and through. The banter/chemistry with Owen Wilson had me grinning the whole time. They did a fantastic job re-building the character in a single episode. I'll keep watching.

Hey , they once considered Nicholas Cage for Super-man !!! :oops:

Want to talk about bad casting !
He wasn't just considered, he had the role. Most of the pre-production was done. The movie was cancelled just a few weeks before filming was supposed to start.

He is currently filming Thor 4 as we speak.
After which, Natalie Portman will be the new Thor.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
WandaVision took a bit to get going but overall it was an interesting story and really fleshed out some of the side characters and "lesser known" Avengers in Red Witch and Vision.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was completely pointless. It started with Falcon having the shield and giving it up only for him to get it back in the end and do what we all knew he was going to do in the first place: become Captain America. It's hard to feel drama and discovery when you know exactly how the whole thing is going to turn out before it starts. The series focuses on two characters that honestly aren't that interesting and I couldn't really give two shits about. Winter Soldier also pretty much had his arc told and resolved in the Captain America and Avengers movies.

I had reservations about Loki because the character is supposed to be dead already. But they have introduced an interesting twist as to how he is able to continue existing. Curious to see where this one ends up.

Reactions: DaddyDog and Diablo

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
well, ya, im being facetious...sure, Justin Bieber would have been a worst Thor, for example.
But Hiddleston just doesnt have the right look for Thor....its hard to imagine how 1 guy could play polar opposites in a movie and do them well.
It's interesting sometimes to contemplate how well an actor has taken ownership of a role. I just learned on the weekend that Eric Stoltz had the role of Marty McFly for the first 5 weeks of filming Back to the Future - can you imagine anyone but Michael J. Fox in that role?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts