The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's an amp I want and the seller suggested that I have it shipped to a US hub at the border. he's in ohio and this way I will avoid some customs fees. has anybody else done this? the seller has provided me with ebay feedback and contact info so I'm not very worried about getting ripped off. I just need to know if it is worth doing.

I

·
0 Posts
I get stuff dropped at the UPS Store in Niagara Falls NY were a few friends and myself rent a PO box. We drive down and pick it up. Works very well.

C

·
0 Posts
"this way I will avoid some customs fees"
There is no guarantee that you'll avoid any fees...

The best way I've found, is to have things shipped to a friend in Detroit and then either have them bring it over, or go get it myself, and when customs asks if I got anything, I say "nope"

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind if I have to pay some fees. I know for sure that it will cost less than having it shipped right to my house. it's a 2X12 orange combo so it's going to weigh quite a bit.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If he's shipping it courier, yeah, you're better off picking it up on the US side. Something like that could be NAFTA duty free, but the courier's brokerage charges could be in excess of $200.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why does it have to be so complicated? :( I really don't know what to expect when having it shipped. I hate america

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah.. well it's an Orange AD30R 2X12. it's a good deal considering it's $1000 USD and our dollar is high at the moment. never been gigged and it's mint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts