The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I have not dealt with this one, but I have dealt with several other Canadian online retailers that are not afraid to list a local phone number or some kind of address. Even if it is legit, it doesn't instil a lot of confidence that you will be able to get reasonable customer service with your purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't use an online store that does not have a physical address listed on their web site.
Ya... They do have a number posted, but no address. You also have to create an account to add anything to your 'cart'. Most places let you add to their cart and get your information later. Seems odd...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Doesn't look legit to me. Their blog is barren. The area code is toll free which mean it could be anywhere. The return policy says unopened items and defective items but how does a customer know something is defective without opening the package? Products are arranged randomly on the site. Prices are ridiculous.

Smacks of bogusness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aight. I have been kinda interested in a Marshall Astoria and when I saw what they had it priced at I thought I had to do some investigating, even though the crazy price probably says all I need to know. Marshall Astoria AST3C Dual Model 30W 1x12 Hand-Wired Tube Guitar Combo Amp If someone else takes a chance on it, or anything from this site, let us know how it plays out. I was half thinking I would just do it, but I don't want to give all my personal info to a site that seems questionable.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I won't use an online store that does not have a physical address listed on their web site.
Exactly. At least what city they're bloody in (affects return shipping charges).

... Also their pricing is hugely inconsistant - like some things are double L&M price (see All Parts BP-5707-005 Stainless Vibramate Spoiler String Retainer vs Vibramate - Spoiler String Retainer - Black ) and others suspiciously cheap (half L&M price, and on big ticket items too - see the Nord Electro keyboard - there's not that much markup to play with there).

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Aight. I have been kinda interested in a Marshall Astoria and when I saw what they had it priced at I thought I had to do some investigating, even though the crazy price probably says all I need to know. Marshall Astoria AST3C Dual Model 30W 1x12 Hand-Wired Tube Guitar Combo Amp If someone else takes a chance on it, or anything from this site, let us know how it plays out. I was half thinking I would just do it, but I don't want to give all my personal info to a site that seems questionable.
Yeah, and grab one of these while you're at it...

Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker - 30W 2x12" Guitar Combo Amp

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Do they take PayPal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do they take PayPal?
Not sure. Looks like you have to create an account to get to the 'checkout' stage. That would obviously be the safe way to go but it just seems like a lot of effort to figure out that the pricing is a typo that won't be honoured or that this is some sort of scam site.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
I read the returns policy. No thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts