3) Seller joined in 2021 (likely just prior to listing);
4) Seller has NO feedback
5) Listing states that 2006 was the last year of production for the LP Classic;

There could be more I didn't notice....

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts were that the Argentine economy may explain the low price. I think this is a new Reverb seller and they messed up on the shipping cost (oh well). Headstock logo looks funky, but I've seen Gibsons that look like that. Worst case scenario is you have $1000 tied up trying to get Reverb to return your money, but it could all be good and a great deal on a classic also.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I agree with @BlueRocker. I would trust in Reverb to respond appropriately if something goes wrong. But, your money could be tied up for a bit. BTW, in a scenario like this I would also definitey pay by Paypal as well, to feel doubly protected (or even triple if you have confidence in the credit crad issuer linked to paypal).

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
ad is gone, but it seems pretty fishy to me as I would bet to buy that guitar in argentina, like a lot of other countries, probably costs more than to buy it here, which makes the deal sweetness even more suspicious.
Did a search for that shop "safgear" no results (joined in 2021 as well).
Hope noone got burned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FYI Argentina has crippling import taxes like many other South American countries. It's common for tourists and international students from down there to purchase guitars here while visiting, despite their currencies generally being a lot weaker. The seller would get a lot more for an LP Classic internally than selling it abroad. There's a 0% chance the ad was legit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts