The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"original contour body"

the phrase coined by George Fullerton's wife, on his kitchen table with Leo and the prototype.

well....I guess George's wife was not ON the table WITH Leo...but you get the idea :D

Buddy played that polka dot strat all night, except 1 song he did with an electric sitar, of all things

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Fantastic show. We loved when he told that dude who wanted to make the show about him to 'shut the fuck up!' Apologies if you're on the board, but you should shut the fuck up ;-)

It actually led to a new guitar for me. I'm a bit of a cheapskate on guitars always looking for great value. Driving home I said to my wife for my 60 birthday present (in 6 years), I should buy a Buddy Guy guitar. She asked, why are you waiting? Good point. Now having just bought a USA Peavey Strat, I decided to add a Tele. But still being cheap, it had to be a great deal. That's why Dave's flower Tele is sold ;-)

J

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
told that dude who wanted to make the show about him to 'shut the fuck up!
I saw him a year or so ago in Kitchener, and apparently that's "a thing" to do at his shows. Yell out things, and Buddy tells you to shut the fuck up. Love his walkabouts through the crowd. We had a really funny moment when a guy tried to get a selfie while Buddy was sizing up a woman. Buddy ripped into him for getting in the way. He really knows how to entertain a crowd!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he also gave the back story on the polka dot thing:

when he moved away from home to go to Chicago, he told his mother he was going to buy her a polka dot cadillac, someday

she passed away before he got that chance, and even before she got to see him play (?)

so it's a tribute to her

1 - 6 of 6 Posts