The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My favourite Hendrix!! I really don't care for the long ass versions of his early material but the funky RnB stuff is awesome!! The Band of Gypsys II album is a bust though; just rehashed Experience stuff with Mitch Mitchell on drums.

Have you checked out First Rays of the Midnight Sun and South Saturn Delta? There are some great BOG tunes on these albums.

TG

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Mitchell wasn't right for BOG. He would have overplayed on everything and ruined the groove . . .

Robert1950 said:
Aside from Jimi,... Biily Cox, great bass. Buddy Miles, good vocalist, but his drumming is so pedestrian. Sorry, but he doesn't come near Mitchell. Miles' percussion is the one and only weak point in BOG.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
That's actually the song I dislike on the album. Just cannot get into any of those slow, looooonnnnggg, endless solos that are all over Hendrix live recordings . . .

Mr. David Severson said:
I think the best solo has got to be in Machine Gun. Gives me goose bumps every time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.