The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Great shop. Lot's of variety in stock from vintage to weird. Known for the Wall of Shame which primarily consists of old EKO and similar guitars. Nothing like a nice Mother of Toilet Seat finish. :rockon2:

Rob Friedman, the owner, is very knowledgeable and will treat you straight. NJAMS was the shop that built my main guitar in 1987.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wonder is the website new?? Not much information there but I see they ship. Would be nice to see what lines they carry or an inventory of used gear.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The site is now new but it hasn't been updated for quite a while. The latest news page is June 1/06.

·
Registered
300 Posts
yeah I've been there for the first time a few months ago. I really like the place cause of the sound rooms so you get to crank the amps proper when you try them. They also have a lot of really really nice strats for sale. They're the only place in the Vancouver area that I know of that carries Tokai gear. Unfortunately, they won't be bringing any more in cause I think Gibson is suing Tokai or something. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is but I was told they won't be bringing any new Tokai gear in. Also, I find they sell and buy used gear all the time so they don't have the same amps sitting there for years. First time I went they had 3 tube amps, next time I called they had like 7 so it's definitely a place worth checking out. Oh and the people working there seem very pleasant.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not just

Been there 2 years ago while on vacation with my lovely wife

Cool staff, cool stuff but I ended up on the same street (Granville right?) just across the bridge at a place call Westcoast Music.

I finally got myself a nice resonator at at very reasonable price.

I also recommand this shop: it's loaded with vintage stuff.

email me for details

·
Registered
45 Posts
Westcoast music

Yes

The exact adress is 140-1265 Granville
(604) 682-4422

Ask for Shannon but everybody is very cool unpushy and professionnal:rockon2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I_cant_play said:
yeah I've been there for the first time a few months ago. I really like the place cause of the sound rooms so you get to crank the amps proper when you try them. They also have a lot of really really nice strats for sale. They're the only place in the Vancouver area that I know of that carries Tokai gear. Unfortunately, they won't be bringing any more in cause I think Gibson is suing Tokai or something. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is but I was told they won't be bringing any new Tokai gear in. Also, I find they sell and buy used gear all the time so they don't have the same amps sitting there for years. First time I went they had 3 tube amps, next time I called they had like 7 so it's definitely a place worth checking out. Oh and the people working there seem very pleasant.
Crossroads Guitar in Port Moody has a lot of Tokai stuff!

·
Registered
300 Posts
thanks for the Tokai tip!

I've been to westcoast music too. I found it to be little bit intimidating. There's one really weird little guy that is just plain rude there but the lady (I guess shannon is her name was by far the most pleasant one)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts