Now it's good.

Maybe someone gets this for christmas.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I wonder if this is a flip on the one that just sold for $500 just east of there... I was half interested, but not enough to drive, so I pointed the seller to what it was actually worth. He said it was already sold at that price (hours after he listed it). Really nice example of a drip edge though.

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if this is a flip on the one that just sold for $500 just east of there... I was half interested, but not enough to drive, so I pointed the seller to what it was actually worth. He said it was already sold at that price (hours after he listed it). Really nice example of a drip edge though.
There's some mention in the listing about "this was my father's favorite amp" and "stay tuned for more auctions of his stuff". But really, who knows? It could very well be some one turning a fast buck.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I own a ‘73 TR that is stellar. Awesome full warm tone. Even at sane levels in my home. These are incredible with a Strat, to my ears. So good. Sadly people seem to leap over Twin Reverbs to buy Princeton Reverbs.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Yeah, this is a very good amp in very good condition. My first amp was a drip edge Twin Reverb. I might actually bid on it, but I'm thinking it will go for quite a bit more given the condition.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
What’s a new one go for no point in fuckin around with distant deals.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
No point in turning this into another handwired vs PCB thread. Or a “SF CBS is crap” thread.

I’ve been in those discussions too many times. I’ve been in as many or more vintage Fender amps. I’m tired of trying to ‘splain it and defend my position.

One sentence: This is a wicked amp.

I own one. I’ve said too much already.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts